Match Thread Everton v Salford City, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
he hasn't hid, which is a good sign

also that run-up

He is still a long way off & I am not convinced he can do it in the premiership yet...

We are short of competition for strikers as Tosun & Sandro are not good enough either...

Nice to see him given the chance to gain confidence though by taking a pen, it can only help him build belief but he seems to lack the instinct & guile of a striker but this may come after a period...

Niels motm. Debut game, bosses the left side. We’re safe there. Now about our right side...needs some work

Both he and Gordon were a stark contrast to JJK and Theo.the later of which was particularly poor. I don’t know if he was just gassed out or just terrible, in any case that should be the end of the road for him at Everton.

Other than providing balance purely by virtue of being the only true right-winger that we have, Walcott offers next to nothing for me. Can’t beat a man any more and always seems to arrive a half-second late to dangerous situations.

that five minutes at the end when we were clearly on top he was still conspicious by his absence; if there is anyone who wants him he should go

So a very 'job done' performance. Objective would be to get through the round without injuries so not an ideal night. Hope Branthwaite is nothing serious.
Nkounkou, Keane and Gordon did well.
Gylfi did his usual thing. Goal threat but didn't offer much control of the mid.
Davies was usual Davies, didn't offer much of anything.
Walcott was usual Walcott, made runs but offered no goal threat.

Expected more from Kenny and Kean. Kean was really poor first half but a bit livelier in the second, hitting post twice and good technique on the pen. Kenny does not look ready to push Coleman.

Status
Not open for further replies.