Return of fans to stadiums to be controlled by Ballot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Up to 1,000 fans will be allowed to attend 10 different English Football League games this weekend as part of the government's crowd pilots.

The news comes as discussions between the EFL and the government about a return for more supporters from 1 October continue.
No fans have attended an EFL fixture since March because of the coronavirus.

Three Championship games, four League One matches and three in League Two have been chosen for this weekend.

But weird that the Premier League is excluded.

Up to 1,000 fans will be allowed to attend 10 different English Football League games this weekend as part of the government's crowd pilots.

The news comes as discussions between the EFL and the government about a return for more supporters from 1 October continue.
No fans have attended an EFL fixture since March because of the coronavirus.

Three Championship games, four League One matches and three in League Two have been chosen for this weekend.

But weird that the Premier League is excluded.

EFL clubs have been onto the FA for ages about fans coming back because of financial concerns. They've finally caved.

On the flip side, the Prem haven't

Personally don’t think ballot is the right way, you’re gonna get some who are lucky get get 4/5 games and some who are unlucky who make every game.

Personally feel an opt in service would be sound. If we were allowed 5,000 per game and we had had 20,000 who opted in, I’d just random generate the first 5,000 and so on, and keep rotating that way.

In a hypothetical season where we could have went to every game that means 3/4 get 5 games in the season and just 5,000 get 4 games.

A ballot has never been a fair way to do it.
I'm assuming this is a terminology thing, but what is the difference between a ballot and random generating? Isn't that what a ballot is - randomly generating?

I'm assuming this is a terminology thing, but what is the difference between a ballot and random generating? Isn't that what a ballot is - randomly generating?

A ballot means everyone and anyone can get one, in theory 20,000 would go for 5,000 (there’s no suggestion it’ll be 5,000 or any figure it was just my example, as was 20,000).

That would mean in theory one person oils get every game, whilst others might not get any.

Of course that’s highly unlikely.

I just think of allocating fans to a set pattern is the fairest way, would allow fans all equally attend and I’m sure would allow an option for fans to request themselves to be allocated with certain people, family friends etc (up to a limit of 4/6 etc).

Would certainly reduce the moaning aspect.

They’re not doing an Opt Out. Only Opt In.

So you can either Opt IN for every game or some or just one...

Any system other than doing a completely random ballot for each game, opens the door for cherry picking.

How?

If 20k apply for the Derby only 5k can go.

You talk like your guaranteed a ticket by opting in.

Not really. There's no guarantee that you succeed in the one you cherry picked.

If there are 20’000 ST holders & 15’000 of them Opt IN for every game & there are 5’000 allowed in, then all 15’000 will have got in within 3 games.

The 5’000 cherry pickers who only Opt In for a handful of big games would be virtually guaranteed of getting them.

I really hope the club don’t allow that to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.