Match Thread Everton v Salford City, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone thinking only a few changes likely are probably wrong imo. A shortened preseason and then expected to play three games in less than six days makes no sense to me. This has to be the one to rest them and even more so given that a few of Salford's lads could be going out to clobber a few and give themselves five minutes of fame.

West Brom is lunchtime on Saturday.

Keeping any outfield player in is asking for trouble imo so at least ten and possibly all eleven changed for me.

Pickford (or Lossl)

JJK, Branthwaite, Gibson Nkounkou

Sigurdsson Davies +1 {Gordon if fit, or Bernard)

Bolassie Kean Walcott

He may risk Keane at the back given it's two young lads togerher, but with Holgate out long term I'm not so sure he'll even do that.

I really think it would be great to have 2-3 first teamers who will drive the energy and pace of the game. Or new signings or the people with energy.
If we have another 2019/20 performance, with Siggy, Davies in the middle, and Walcott, as well, Delph, too, it'll just feel like a slow, sideways match again.
Hopefully, though - Kenny, Nkounkou, Branthwaite or Gibson, and Gordon, are too good & young to not care and will play with energy, and Bolasie, Kean, Siggy, Davies and Bernard will feel like they have something to prove. But then , they had something to prove all last season?!! n

Salford lost 6-0 till Utd u21 last week. I know people want to win a cup but I wouldn’t risk James or Allan in this game.
Leagues to important. Beating WBA should be our top priority getting 6 points out of 6 Would be a great start
:oops: and some people want to put a near full strength team out.

Would go with

Pickford
Kenny
Keane ( experienced head)
Branthwaite
Nkoukoun

Besic Delph/Davis

Glyffi
Bernard
Walcott

Kean

Bench:

Lossl
Mina
Gordon
Bolasie
Sandro
Delph/Davis
Gibson

Warn them all that the siesta is over just picking up wages doing sweet fa to the likes of Sandro etc and no loan back to Spain , if he goes he goes on transfer otherwise his going to Bramley Moore as construction worker ;-)

Salford lost 6-0 till Utd u21 last week. I know people want to win a cup but I wouldn’t risk James or Allan in this game.
Leagues to important. Beating WBA should be our top priority getting 6 points out of 6 Would be a great start

I see this as a chance to exhibit our fringe players and get some off the books. I do feel that Allan will be required in order to make the other dross look good. He organises the team so well (been here a week).

It’s mad, but I believe if we want to get shot of more players he needs to start. We don’t have another Allan (but then conversely if we don’t have another Allan, we shouldn’t risk him... but we want to get rid of players so we should... AAARRRRGH!!!)

I don't think we should be turning our noses up at any pot to be honest, getting a trophy will be the biggest boost we've had in a long long time and why we hired Ancelotti, we don't win enough to pick and choose which competitions we go for or not, we should be going for all of them full tilt.

This should be a used as a shop window for the dross we want rid of. It’s on TV, perfect opportunity to get some interest in some utter donkeys. #byebyepenno

Status
Not open for further replies.