Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
still being linked with Josh King today, some last night said we offered £10m and Bournemouth want £15m, he only has 9 months left so I could see a deal being done, this is Bounrmouths last chance to cash in really, before he walks. I think he is OK as an option, either central or part of an attacking front 3

For me, buying Josh King would be buying a striker just for the sake of it and I get the impression that's not Ancelotti's strategy.
I think we're only going to bring players in that will genuinely add quality rather than making up the numbers. Josh King doesn't do that.

For me, buying Josh King would be buying a striker just for the sake of it and I get the impression that's not Ancelotti's strategy.
I think we're only going to bring players in that will genuinely add quality rather than making up the numbers. Josh King doesn't do that.

Utterly pointless to me, he's a nothing player. He can just play a load of positions. Hasn't he scored a lot of pens? Just think he's so far off the level we want to get to, just reeks of the iwobi deal again.

He's 29 and played for Blackburn and Bournemouth ffs.

What does that matter? I'm not paying are you?

Some guy who despoiled Russia is signing the cheques...
I’m guessing it does matter from a financial/future player investment perspective and also keeping a harmonious dressing room.
In the same way the new players have helped inject belief, the rotten apples and dead wood will have an opposite effect.

....I’m useless, but the tweets connected to that story are from early August so it might be regurgitated.

still being linked with Josh King today, some last night said we offered £10m and Bournemouth want £15m, he only has 9 months left so I could see a deal being done, this is Bounrmouths last chance to cash in really, before he walks. I think he is OK as an option, either central or part of an attacking front 3

Norway has 2 strikers that are better than him, so no thanks

Utterly pointless to me, he's a nothing player. He can just play a load of positions. Hasn't he scored a lot of pens? Just think he's so far off the level we want to get to, just reeks of the iwobi deal again.

He's 29 and played for Blackburn and Bournemouth ffs.
He does have a decent goal scoring record in the PL (1 in 3) but I’d rather give Kean more time in the pitch. With the increased quality in our side you’d be hoping that Richarlison 15 DCL 15 and Kean 5-10 would net the following numbers of goals. Add in James’ goal scoring record and he should be looking at double figures.

Don't think we should be considering King or Bale. I believe that under Ancelotti we've raised our sights to the point where we don't need to content ourselves with players who have ordinary names. Now, it's :

Allan - simple enough on one level, but got that Brazilian 'known by just one name' authority about it.
Doucoure - interesting in itself, with the gallic, je ne sais quoi.
Rodriguez - hints of both Spain and South America, with the added value of James being an additional primary name, and chucking in the Hames pronunciation as icing on the cake.

Whether it's one name or three, interesting and exotic is definitely the area of the transfer market we should be operating in.

I am beginning to get fed up with some people linking us with the likes of big spenders, Chelsea, as I understand it we have only bought 2 players, the other 2 were free signings, there are other teams apart from Chelsea that have spent more cash than us.

Status
Not open for further replies.