Match Thread Everton v Salford City, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its awkward. We have never won it, and by a mile its the 3rd "best" domestic trophy in play, so early rounds, its seen as a bit of a pain.

That said, if we get to the later stages, and won it, we would be made up. Think it was Jose's first trophy at Chelsea. Pep at City as well.

Just balance this year.

Reality is we've got a potential 20 fixtures up to and including West Ham on 2nd Jan. That's 110 games.

We've got lucky, that unlike Leicester Vs. Arsenal or Sheffield Utd Vs. Burnley, that we can potentially reach round 4, having not faced a team higher than League Two.

This kind of thing never happens to us, so use it to rotate and play IF required. Personally, even the pessimist in me, can't see too many issues beating Salford.

Yeah but mate our squad consists of

Sigurdsson, Iwobi, Bernard, Walcott, Davies, Nkounkou, Kenny, Branthwaite, Gibson, Gordon and Kean.

Thats XI players who'd get a game for us last season, who are our reserve players. They can do a number on Salford City, and you'd hope Port Vale/Fleetwood.

That's not cocky, that's just evident. 5 of those are full internationals, with over 200 senior caps between them. Add to the fact they'll all be desperate to impress having lost their place in the XI, i would reckon we'd be able to avoid using Richarlison, James, Doucoure, Allan, DCL, Coleman, Digne throughout there to be honest.

Exactly, we have to use them and this is a perfect opportunity for them to get Don Carlo deciding 'in' rather than 'bin' the better option for them.

Exactly, we have to use them and this is a perfect opportunity for them to get Don Carlo deciding 'in' rather than 'bin' the better option for them.
They should now look at the standards set on Sunday and know they have to up their game to get in the first choice 11 and should be eager for time. Well, the ones who give a toss should.

They should now look at the standards set on Sunday and know they have to up their game to get in the first choice 11 and should be eager for time. Well, the ones who give a toss should.

All day. Ultimately, the fact that Doucouré, Allan have came into the middle instantly should raise the game of Sigurdsson, Davies and Gomes as they aren't guaranteed a start. Their presence alone, should improve the quality, and now they have an opportunity to impress, i fully expect them to do so.

Whats the story this year?

It’s something called the Europa Conference, or something like that? They cropped a few of the big Europa League qualifying spots and given a few more minnow nations some places.

A poor man’s Europa League, if that’s possible. The Europa League losers go into this, so I imagine you could qualify for the Champions League, not win a game all season and still be in Europe in March.

Whats the story this year?

The LC winners, if not already in Europe by other means, go into a league format pre qualifying tournament called a conference, for the Europa League proper. That means a messy pre season.

Not saying I would turn up my nose at winning the League Cup, but yet again the authorities seem determined to ensure its as difficult as possible for clubs outside the elite to mount a top 4 challenge the following year.

Status
Not open for further replies.