2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first post here! Colombian, fan of James & Mina, so now blue lol

Pretty good game today. Really glad to see everyone here so ecstatic! RM was a nightmare, like it has been for so many galacticos! But not for lack of talent.

P.S. Wait till Ancelotti gives him #10 and he earns the captain armband. That's when you get James 2.0. Like when he plays for our NT. There was a James before and after the #10. Trust me. It's in the South American genes, to wear that number. Then you get Beast Mode!
Welcome mate. You don’t know it yet but your life will probably never be the same...

I hope you know what you are about to sign for.

My first post here! Colombian, fan of James & Mina, so now blue lol

Pretty good game today. Really glad to see everyone here so ecstatic! RM was a nightmare, like it has been for so many galacticos! But not for lack of talent.

P.S. Wait till Ancelotti gives him #10 and he earns the captain armband. That's when you get James 2.0. Like when he plays for our NT. There was a James before and after the #10. Trust me. It's in the South American genes, to wear that number. Then you get Beast Mode!

Activate: Sigurdsson firing out of a cannon towards the sea.

He instinctively knows when to take a touch and bring in other players, or control and run into space, or pass it first time. Makes it look like he always has time and space on the ball.

He’ll have tougher days than yesterday, but the quality is obvious.
I think he's one of the few players in the world who has such respect from other players that they stand back from challenges on him for a split second longer than they normally would, knowing if they get the challenge slightly wrong he'll make a complete tit out if them.

Hi everyone. New to the board. I’m Colombian-American so I think I have a good perspective on James and the potential marketing opportunities.

Seen people mention merchandising and authentic kit vs knockoff is not really an issue in my opinion. People in Colombia and Colombians abroad were buying the James Real Madrid jersey and buy the ever changing Colombia Addidas jersey at full price without issues.

Colombian culture is very materialistic and show-offish, so people try to get authentic gear for bragging rights and status.

The problem is availability. Nike and Addidas stores in Colombia and the US carry all their club and national team merch. Until now, I had never heard of Hummel which is why I think its going to be difficult to get unless you go to very niche football stores here in the US which the Colombian tourist on vacation might not know how to find or the one store in Colombia which no doubt is getting a shipment of jerseys straight from the UK and selling it and above average prices. Hopefully I’m wrong and demand is met.

As a long time neutral fan of the EPL, I’m stoked to watch this season with an actual team to pull for with this new Everton-Colombian connection. No offense to Mina, but not necessarily the biggest draw to have to wake up early for.

Hope the win on Sunday is one of many.

Thought it was interesting that Jermaine Jenas likened James signing for Everton to when Spurs got van der Vaart. It is quite similar - same kind of player and career trajectory. I wouldn't be surprised if we see quite a lot of Peter Crouch-style chest downs from DCL to James around the edge of the box as well.

Hi everyone. New to the board. I’m Colombian-American so I think I have a good perspective on James and the potential marketing opportunities.

Seen people mention merchandising and authentic kit vs knockoff is not really an issue in my opinion. People in Colombia and Colombians abroad were buying the James Real Madrid jersey and buy the ever changing Colombia Addidas jersey at full price without issues.

Colombian culture is very materialistic and show-offish, so people try to get authentic gear for bragging rights and status.

The problem is availability. Nike and Addidas stores in Colombia and the US carry all their club and national team merch. Until now, I had never heard of Hummel which is why I think its going to be difficult to get unless you go to very niche football stores here in the US which the Colombian tourist on vacation might not know how to find or the one store in Colombia which no doubt is getting a shipment of jerseys straight from the UK and selling it and above average prices. Hopefully I’m wrong and demand is met.

As a long time neutral fan of the EPL, I’m stoked to watch this season with an actual team to pull for with this new Everton-Colombian connection. No offense to Mina, but not necessarily the biggest draw to have to wake up early for.

Hope the win on Sunday is one of many.
Pretty sure our kit provider pays a fixed amount rather than per kit which severely hurts the potential we have in terms of money made from shirt sales (it was a good deal pre-James). I would like to think those sort of merchandising issues will be rectified moving forward.
Worth mentioning that Hummel does have a bit of history with European football - Real Madrid being previous teams of theirs. Adidas or not, it’s still a smart kit. I guess none of this was taken into consideration though prior to James and his influence
Either way, happy to have you on board and remember, it’s the hope that kills you - welcome to having a stake in the premier league :p

Pretty sure our kit provider pays a fixed amount rather than per kit which severely hurts the potential we have in terms of money made from shirt sales (it was a good deal pre-James). I would like to think those sort of merchandising issues will be rectified moving forward.
Worth mentioning that Hummel does have a bit of history with European football - Real Madrid being previous teams of theirs. Adidas or not, it’s still a smart kit. I guess none of this was taken into consideration though prior to James and his influence
Either way, happy to have you on board and remember, it’s the hope that kills you - welcome to having a stake in the premier league :p

Good call vaguely remember seeing the Hummel-Teka RM kit in pictures. That was before my time.

I'll be buying 2 jerseys soon

Everything is online now anyways so not too worried about the stores here in the states.

I would venture that in Colombia the general stores will buy some to sell

Of the three new signings thought he was least likely to start, so impressive as he’s only had a week training. Class, just so classy.

One thing watching him yesterday that we’ll have to think about tactically, teams will cotton on that he never goes on the outside. Wasn’t a problem yesterday as Winks and PEL couldn’t cover the space in the middle of the pitch and Docherty was playing like a winger on their right hand side. Every time he cut inside the switch to Richarlison was on and he had the quality and weight of pass to play it perfectly.

Where teams sit a bit deeper and block the middle of the pitch, a full back offering the overlap would help keep teams guessing about which way he’ll go and make it less easy to nullify him.
Carlo is on it. Ancelotti teams traditionally don't use natural width, it's all about the fullbacks doing that and everyone in attack playing centrally. We're gonna need fullbacks who know what they are doing when they go forward. Our season depends on it.
Thought it was interesting that Jermaine Jenas likened James signing for Everton to when Spurs got van der Vaart. It is quite similar - same kind of player and career trajectory. I wouldn't be surprised if we see quite a lot of Peter Crouch-style chest downs from DCL to James around the edge of the box as well.
Don't see it myself. Van der Vaart did not scale the heights Rodriguez has in his career. Never seen Van der Vaart have a tournament like Rodriguez in 14 at the world cup. Never seen him play a well as James played under Ancelotti at Madrid or how he played under Jupp Heynckes at Bayern.

He also did this sprint on 85 mins to protest about the hit on Richy which is a) good teamwork in a new team b) impressive at end of a shift

Edit, I didn't actually notice that he got the ball kicked him when watching it yesterday after he wriggled past about 4 players, Dirty that is when players do that, One of the worst things to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.