Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m so glad we won yesterday, imagine what a mess this thread would have been If we’d lost!!! (Obviously this isn’t the main reason I’m glad we won)

Is there even a credible link for Zaha anywhere?

Its funny how most people who responded to "who do we move/replace" went the same option, don't think anyone was thinking permanent just as an option to get James in the 10 role to freshen things up, we dont want to come predictable and i know its only one game in but so much positive publicity of the new set up.
I don't understand why people don't get this.

We aren't playing he likes if Spurs away every game. There's going to be times when we don't need all three of Allan, Doucoure and Gomes in midfield. We can play 2 and have James as one of the 3, or play 4231 or give James a completely roving role in a 4213 behind 3 strikers.

Different options depending on who we are playing. Now we have proper midfielders we can do that against the lesser teams.

There are a couple of models that we can follow as far as I can see. The Liverpool model where they largely play the same team week after week, month after month and never get injuries... so we know that won't work for us.

The other is the Man City model where you carry a squad of players and maybe not have a first eleven but rotate players to keep the competition up and keep the players fresh.

There was no way I could see us signing Allan, Dououre and JR when the last season eventually finished.
One would have been good, two a big stretch and no way for all three.
Therefore, I have learned my lesson and realised that we have no clue what players we still want or what is left in the kitty. We do know however, promises were made to CA and seem to have been delivered on.

My own sneaking suspicion goes back to Lozano, a player signed and managed by CA already. A right sided midfielder and at a good age.

Looking at the performance yesterday I think that a number of players and their agents will be considering their positions now if they want to play.

Think a flying Right Back would be a terrible idea.

Hamez will never and should never trackback.

There
I get the people that think we should play our strongest team every game, but I cba with Hamez getting clogged by some fella who was at the pub the night before.

I always believe that if we cant beat these lower league teams with our "reserves" we deserve to get knocked out anyway.

If we had had a normal preseason I'd be in favour of using the squad for this game.... But another run out midweek would surely be more beneficial to building match fitness for the weekend...we can take James, Allan and Doucoure off after 55-60 mins.... Give kean 90 mins instead of DCL... Kenny 90 mins instead of Coleman.... Other than that, play the same team again

I'm not necessarily saying we buy a back up for James. I don't think that exists anyway as he's so unique.

James gives us options to which formation/s we play, as he can probably play either side in a 433, at the head of the middle 3 in a 433, centrally in a 4231, at the head of a diamond in a 442, or as a no 10 in a 4411 or 4213. He gives the manager options to pick the formation most suited to the opposition.

he can't play in a traditional 442 because he won't give you the defensive side needed, and nor should he for that matter. So we need players comfortable playing wide midfield or winger if you prefer. Also for when he plays a no 10 role or in a 4231, we'll also need wide men.

You can't get rid of all our players who are comfortable out wide and not replace them. It will so restrict the way we are able to play. Plus, as I said, we also need to be able to mix it up or change our system mid game when things aren't going to plan.

In my opinion, we need to bring in a new winger, preferably right sided but left footed, with more quality and pace than we currently have. I would also keep, for the time being, at least one of the others you mentioned, probably Bernard and also Gordon for cover..

I was saying if 433 was our prime system...

Pickford / Virginia / Lossl
Coleman / Kenny
Keane / Mina
Holgate / Branthwaite
Digne / Nkounkou
Allan / Gbamin
Doucoure / Davies
Gomes / Sigurdsson
James / Iwobi
DCL / Kean
Richarlison / Gordon

Emerson in at RB
Zakaria in to compete with Doucoure/Gomes

We can then move on Kenny, Sigurdsson and the rest not on the list. If we can add Iwobi to that list then we can bring in a better player.

Then CB on loan + GK.

Status
Not open for further replies.