2020/21 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
? Again those new midfielders must have appreciated a no 9 who held the ball up laid it off nicely then scored a winner like that & cost a pittance to what we paid out for them.......
Those three new players yesterday all had good games to think they have not had time as yet to blend together -
I have always pointed out we needed a far better midfield we should have hopefully a great new season ...... with goals all over the park......
Least you can expect from a striker, they are there to score and hold up the ball. Just don't think DCL is the finished article and improvement is still a must. If DCL was the finished article as he is now then he wouldn't be good enough. He still has potential but my point is that depending on potential can sometimes bite you on the ar8e. I am not saying he is crap as he is far from it but you can see he needs to improve other aspects of his game.

Im convinced Joey is his agent.

I've never loved a player that much to look beyond faults - as someone who's not old enough to have experienced the great team of the 80's Lukaku is the best player I've seen in an EFC shirt yet I'll still happy acknowledge his limitations in truly being one of the best (his rubber shins).
I stood on the terraces when the GV moved on whom I loved as a player although the unsung hero was Roy Vernon the stick a young CF got I was only a kid I told them to grow up no internet forums in those days - he will never make it etc etc = it was Joe Royle who struggled a bit then a new midfield was formed the best I ever seen & the rest is history lets hope we can win something for the younger fans ......

Least you can expect from a striker, they are there to score and hold up the ball. Just don't think DCL is the finished article and improvement is still a must. If DCL was the finished article as he is now then he wouldn't be good enough. He still has potential but my point is that depending on potential can sometimes bite you on the ar8e. I am not saying he is crap as he is far from it but you can see he needs to improve other aspects of his game.
If he stays fit for this year, he'll get at least 15 premier league goals and his link play will help the tallies of the supporting midfielders.

He offers a lot more than goals.

he has time every forward misses chances on another day Rhico could have scored a few - but he was there to miss .....I don't slate him for that ......it was a shame as we should have thumped Spurs yesterday by 4-5 goals ......

I love how much @Joey66 defends DCL, good on you mate.

Love Dom to bits and he was exceptional in the second half.

A mobile target man who is willing to run channels and bring others into the game.

He has fingered the rim off me on multiple occasions and I still gave him 5 rep today.

I turn the other cheek.

Last edited:

He has fingered the rim off me on multiple occasions and I still gave him 5 rep today.

I turn the other cheek.
You asked for something I gave it to you - you have been a big critic of DCL but have the guts to come on here to defend your position in a positive way - he not me, will silence his critics -

This is a myth lukaku scores numerous goals against rs, city, Spurs, arsenal and chelsea for us
Lukaku played the no 9 position differently, his hold up play was poor as was his heading ability - but he was a demon on the turn with pace & power......& a very cool finisher ....again though he never carried it on at United........

Lukaku played the no 9 position differently, his hold up play was poor as was his heading ability - but he was a demon on the turn with pace & power......& a very cool finisher ....again though he never carried it on at United........

Yeah but saying he didn’t turn up against the top 6 is incorrect as he scored a fair few goals against all of them apart from United

Status
Not open for further replies.