2020/21 Abdoulaye Doucouré

Status
Not open for further replies.

Was very impressed by him; much better than when I've seen him for Watford. Was going to say it's a shame he wasn't here last season but I think getting him for more than half the price this Summer was worth the wait.
Watford should have lowered the price last season. Instead, Douc was unsettled, they missed out on money to improve the rest of their team, got relegated and sold him to us anyway a year later for even less.
That said, if he was here last season he would have covered over the cracks and Silva might still be here... So everything worked out for us in the end.

I'll say it here, we aren't getting over run in any game this season whilst this lad and Allan are on the field, what a difference watching players with appetite and hunger and energy and desire, really other teams fans won't understand why we are so happy.

it certainly contrasts to what we’ve watched recently

I am not surprised by the performance of Doucoure, but I am surprised by the surprise at his performance.

Two years ago we would have signed him for 50m and thought we had a bargain. He obviously wanted out of Watford and listening to what he has said he has wanted to join us for some time and his performances at Watford suffered because of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.