Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would love to see James in the middle with pace out wide when we are at home

From what I've seen of James today he would flourish just behind a front 3 getting in between the lines and making those incisive passes forward.

As you say at home especially we'll have alehouse sides with 10 behind the ball - having someone with raw pace to open the play up would be a massive asset to have.

The best teams have the players to switch it up depending on the opposition.

We have an opportunity now to push on and build, a couple more players and we are bang there as top four contenders. We just can’t afford long term injuries to a few key players and we are back to where we were last year.
This is only concern I have if we lose key players especially James. We need use him carefully especially when we have games won bring him straight off.

WHERE CAN EVERTON IMPROVE?

Special guest Tom Cahill told Sky Sports:

"With Everton, they've now got a good base and a foundation in the area that was needed which is the midfield. When you look at the additions, the likes of Tom Davies can learn a lot. Last season was tough to watch as it was very passive.

"Davies will see the likes of Abdoulaye Doucoure as box to box. It's now about accountability for 90 minutes. I would like to still see some additions in defence and in attack. Another striker would be good as you can never have enough depth with the schedule this season. I'm sure with their purse strings, Everton can make it happen."

This is only concern I have if we lose key players especially James. We need use him carefully especially when we have games won bring him straight off.

Same as anyone really, i think we have pretty good strength in depth tbh, our players will be a lot better with a midfield now.

Well, i could use plenty of examples of our poor defence tbh, as i used the other Bournemouth game too. 9 goals v chelsea and the RS for example, the crumbling at home v Newcastle etc.

Too many excuses being made "it was silva, mina and keane can't play together, it was because we had no midfield, it was pickford's fault". We need better defenders,end of.
And for every bad game there were 2 or 3 games where we defended really well. Maybe what we need is consistency rather than wholesale change.

As I said, I agree we need a new RB and wouldn't argue with a decent quick centre back either. But the chances are, even with that, there will be games when we defend poorly and lose. It happens.

One more Centre back needed, a right back, and a striker...

Our bench is full of players who have failed miserably
I think our bench is not terrible in most spots honestly. Walcott could have come on today and been really useful in terms of stretching Spurs defence at the end. Bernard could have come on and linked up well with Digne like we know he does and had good retention of the ball. Kean was a good move imo, wish it was a bit earlier.

It's when we are forced to use them as starters their limitations become abundantly clear, again.

And for every bad game there were 2 or 3 games where we defended really well. Maybe what we need is consistency rather than wholesale change.

As I said, I agree we need a new RB and wouldn't argue with a decent quick centre back either. But the chances are, even with that, there will be games when we defend poorly and lose. It happens.
Stop being so pragmatic and logical.

I think our bench is not terrible in most spots honestly. Walcott could have come on today and been really useful in terms of stretching Spurs defence at the end. Bernard could have come on and linked up well with Digne like we know he does and had good retention of the ball. Kean was a good move imo, wish it was a bit earlier.

It's when we are forced to use them as starters their limitations become abundantly clear, again.

I don’t know mate, I think the likes of Walcott need to go. He’s not going to get any better. Get him sold and get someone younger with pace to burn who can really make a difference when they come on to stretch the opposition.

I don’t know mate, I think the likes of Walcott need to go. He’s not going to get any better. Get him sold and get someone younger with pace to burn who can really make a difference when they come on to stretch the opposition.
Oh, I don't disagree at all. I'm just saying that, as it stands, some people on the bench can actually serve a purpose. Now most of them are making over 100k per week so, yeah, they need to be moved on but I doubt we're getting any actual money for almost any of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.