Confirmed Signing James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you look at the impact a much lesser player like Payet had for West Ham for example, and this is levels up, it's mouth- watering what he might be able to bring to our club.
Payet was a weird one. A one off I would say. He was a decent, but not a standout player when West Ham brought him in. He than had an absolutely exceptional season, both for club and country, and was undoubtedly world class that season.

Then he went back to being a decent player again. Interestingly, he was the same age as James and Allan when West Ham bought him.

If James is as influential for us as Payet was during that season, and he certainly has it in his locker, then I'll be absolutely chuffed.

Payet was a weird one. A one off I would say. He was a decent, but not a standout player when West Ham brought him in. He than had an absolutely exceptional season, both for club and country, and was undoubtedly world class that season.

Then he went back to being a decent player again. Interestingly, he was the same age as James and Allan when West Ham bought him.

If James is as influential for us as Payet was during that season, and he certainly has it in his locker, then I'll be absolutely chuffed.
That season where he was on it at West Ham, he was ridiculous.

As good as anyone I've ever seen live.

That is a comparison I am clinging too. Sometimes you get these very individual players with world class talent that struggle if they are not the focal point of a team. Hopefully we are able to give him a platform to flourish. Clearly with the short contract we are hedging our bets

Apart from in South America, he really has been written off hasn't he?

The one that really annoys me is the "if he had any confidence in his own ability then he wouldn't be joining a club like Everton"

The likes of Wolves and Leicester have both been attracting high calibre players, okay not with the same profile as James maybe, but they're generally praised for doing good business.

yet he had the confidence to go back to Madrid from Bayern who wanted to exercise a €45 mill purchase option.

Watched the whole program so far and there convinced RS/Utd/City and Chelsea are top 4... Everyone else will be 7th or lower... god knows who finishing 5/6 to them no one

Not one of those pundits can string a coherent sentence together. They all talk like idiots. God knows how Merson survived the cull. And who’s idea was it bring Glen Johnson on. Can’t understand any point he makes other than the obvious nonsense these so called experts churn out.

Should have left the old boys on the panel, everyone of them knew f all but atleast they had banter along the way, unlike the likes of glen johnson.

Yeah. Sherwood in particular was scathing.

I was thinking now they've got rid of most of the Allardyce loving old school, we may get slightly better comments on there. No chance lol
Sherwood?
What does he know
Crap manager at Villa and spurs.
They also have Pulis. Oh my god what a shower of garbage
My missus has more know how than them

Status
Not open for further replies.