Transfer Rumour Wilifred Zaha - January Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im wondering if Everton fans actualy watched his Arsenal performances. The vast majority of arsenal fans were not pulling the strings on party poppers for no reason. He's as crap here as he was at arsenal.
This just needs to be chalked down as a disaster and if we can somehow move him on in any way possible jump at it.

I didn't watch him particularly, but I never noticed anything about him. I feel like it's almost as bad as the Niasse transfer on a different level. Were we sent the highlights of someone else and thought it was Iwobi? Or what were we thinking for £35m. Should have been more like £20 at the most

I love these swap deal shouts where everyone acts like Palace are idiots.

"Give us your best player and we will give you our 3 worst ones on ridiculously inflated wages which they will want matching.

Deal?"

Yeah but we are idiots.
And also a lot of times ego / hope comes into it, where a manager or team thinks they can be the ones to unlock potential or transform a player.

Last year I thought he would be a great signing (though not at the prices we were talking).

This year - zero interest, zip, nil, not even for free.

Think people are getting ahead of ourselves because we made a few decent signings. James aside, he would easily be our best wide player should he come in. If we could get rid of a few then yes but I don't see us making another big money purchase at the moment

"Give us your best player and we will give you our 3 worst ones on ridiculously inflated wages which they will want matching.

Deal?"

....they are funny and a bit condescending given there’s little between the clubs from a points perspective. The other factor is that these players might not want to move.

....they are funny and a bit condescending given there’s little between the clubs from a points perspective. The other factor is that these players might not want to move.
They are a bit but no more condescending than the “why on earth would Wilf go to Everton?” stuff that’s on Twitter now and again. Football fans eh?:)

Worth a punt if we can do a swap deal with some of the deadwood turd like Delph / Tosun / Davies / Walcott / Iwobi / Bolasie etc Probably Palace looking for cash but I reckon its Sigurdsson mark 2 here. Not worth the effort or money if it cant be done quick and include a swap

Deal?"

True they are not stupid but surely someone like Palace are sensible suggestions for a lot of our unwanted crew. Perfectly understandable it is suggested.

They are a bit but no more condescending than the “why on earth would Wilf go to Everton?” stuff that’s on Twitter now and again. Football fans eh?:)

I kinda agreed with that last season though. Yes Everton is a step up but not a huge one and we weren't in a great place under Silva.

But I think we are a more attractive club this season for someone like Zaha with Ancelotti, James, Richarlison etc.

Not saying I expect the deal to happen, but in some ways it would make more sense to me now than 12 months ago.

True they are not stupid but surely someone like Palace are sensible suggestions for a lot of our unwanted crew. Perfectly understandable it is suggested.

The only one of our surplus players they'd probably want is Tosun, who has a serious knee injury. Maybe Iwobi or Davies as well, but I'm not convinced they'd want them, nor am I convinced we want to let them go anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.