Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearly they wanted to wait until James was wearing the shirt before they started selling to a sleeve sponsor. Those 45 million followers are gonna get eyeballs on that thing.
Better get onto it soon as people won't go back into the store to put a sleeve sponsor on their James shirt

Better get onto it soon as people won't go back into the store to put a sleeve sponsor on their James shirt
Nothing to worry about, they are shiping out Gylfi so next season he can switch to #10 and have a new set of shirts to buy. They will do it before then and after his first blammo of a season.

Moshiri and Usmanov are very closely connected. In the Everton case they are undoubtedly partners with Moshiri being the "face" and Usmanov in a more "sleeping" partner role. They will both undoubtedly benefit from the ground and waterfront development , and we , the club , will benefit from their involvement. What's not to like , unless you are one of the resident doom mongerers.

Every year (for the past 4/5 before this) a person I know gets flown out to Monaco to be MC at Moshiris birthday party.

The party lasts a weekend (the week before the usual Monaco F1 date) and the entire tab (Hotels/apartments/food/drink & entertainment) is always picked up by Usmanov.

He has got 'quite' aquainted with them both and with absolutely no interest in football himself, says that away from business topics, it's all they talk about. He also says they are absolutely and clearly best friends, and can't imagine them not doing everything together.

Personally, I think it's as mentioned above. It's Moshiri's show with a fair amount of feedback from Usmanov.

Saying that, I wouldn't be surprised to see an initially small stake going to Usmanov once Historic England gets lobbed into the dock to help with the filling.

FWIW he wasn’t heavily involved at Arsenal at all.

He was heavily INVESTED in Arsenal. He was never allowed any say whatsoever, and didn’t even have a seat on the board. Kroenke kept him on the outside looking in

He was also desperate to be involved though, making public statements about it over and over again with particular mention to how he wanted to spend his money to invest in the team. Basically, everything he’s doing now.

I’m not saying you but anyone who thinks he’s just going to extinguish that passion and not be involved here now are deluded. He’s now got the platform he’s ultimately craved for a long time. A platform that even his money couldn’t buy at 1 point.

He’s going to milk this and our spending clearly indicates it’s Mr Usmanov’s money behind all this, not Mr Moshri’s. It’s just too big a percentage of Mr Moshri’s net worth, that we are seemingly throwing around without second thought, for it to be anything otherwise IMO.

Clearly they wanted to wait until James was wearing the shirt before they started selling to a sleeve sponsor. Those 45 million followers are gonna get eyeballs on that thing.

Was thinking about the HAMEZ signing and our sleeve sponsorship. Does the signing make the ‘price’ to sponsor on our shirt increase as they’re clearly going to gain more attention

Hummel & Cazoo have hit the jackpot.

He was also desperate to be involved though, making public statements about it over and over again with particular mention to how he wanted to spend his money to invest in the team. Basically, everything he’s doing now.

I’m not saying you but anyone who thinks he’s just going to extinguish that passion and not be involved here now are deluded. He’s now got the platform he’s ultimately craved for a long time. A platform that even his money couldn’t buy at 1 point.

He’s going to milk this and our spending clearly indicates it’s Mr Usmanov’s money behind all this, not Mr Moshri’s. It’s just too big a percentage of Mr Moshri’s net worth, that we are seemingly throwing around without second thought, for it to be anything otherwise IMO.
Oh yeah, don't disagree with any of that. Was just pointing out that he wasn't actually involved in anything at Arsenal (apart from making statements), and so the idea that he's using knowledge of running a football club to "mentor" Moshiri doesn't really track.

[/QUOTE
From what I hear it's Paul Gregg in the background pumping the failed Kings Dock money in.

Status
Not open for further replies.