Confirmed Signing Abdoulaye Doucouré

Status
Not open for further replies.
My expectations this season are a comfortable top half finish and having a good crack at the cups. Top 6 will be very hard to break into and I think we’ll need to spend the rest of this window and January clearing out players.

Keep the nucleus of the team and add 3 more quality players next summer and then we can look at top 6 the season after. I suspect we’ll struggle to hold on to Richarlison next summer if he has a big season.
Yep, same here. That's why I don't really see what's upsetting about commentators not creaming themselves over our signings. I don't blame them, they're good, but I don't see them catapulting us into the higher echelons.

Yep, same here. That's why I don't really see what's upsetting about commentators not creaming themselves over our signings. I don't blame them, they're good, but I don't see them catapulting us into the higher echelons.

Big improvements in midfield but we are still light in a couple of areas. Hopefully we can get back to beating the lower and mid table teams on a consistent basis as we did under Moyes. That gets you comfortably into the top half and then it’s all about how you go against the top teams.

What I like about that video posted a few pages back, is lots of the clips were against top sides, so doesn’t look like he shirks big games. Also very noticeable how, after winning a battle or a tackle, or laying the ball off, he looks to make a run forward, keeping the team on the front foot.

He’ll attract players to him in the final third making space for others.

My expectations this season are a comfortable top half finish and having a good crack at the cups. Top 6 will be very hard to break into and I think we’ll need to spend the rest of this window and January clearing out players.

Keep the nucleus of the team and add 3 more quality players next summer and then we can look at top 6 the season after. I suspect we’ll struggle to hold on to Richarlison next summer if he has a big season.

My feelings on this are that if Richarlison sees genuine on field progress this season with the new signings on board, solid cup runs and a real go at the top 6 he could well give it another year after that. Despite the sulks when he’s getting kicked from pillar to post he genuinely seems to enjoy the place, gets involved in the off field stuff, and will enjoy having his two new South American mates in the team!

We can but hope! On the other hand if and when he eventually goes we’ll get a mountain of cash for him!

I feel like Ancelloti must be aiming for Europe/see it as doable for him to have pulled in Rodrigez/Allan?

My feelings on this are that if Richarlison sees genuine on field progress this season with the new signings on board, solid cup runs and a real go at the top 6 he could well give it another year after that. Despite the sulks when he’s getting kicked from pillar to post he genuinely seems to enjoy the place, gets involved in the off field stuff, and will enjoy having his two new South American mates in the team!

We can but hope! On the other hand if and when he eventually goes we’ll get a mountain of cash for him!

Id love him to stay and I think if we have a really good season then he might. The reported fee of £100 million plus means he’s really only an option for a few elite clubs. If one of them comes in for him then not sure we can keep him.

Status
Not open for further replies.