Transfer Rumour Fikayo Tomori

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think it is very possible that Tomori is our best defender if he comes. I like some of our guys but they aren't top class if we're being honest about it.
There really any justification in saying this , indeed if he was that good he would not be loaned out by Chelsea in the first place.

We are signing him to fill out our numbers in that position and because we have two young players the manager believes will benefit more from playing every week while on loan.

I am more than happy with Tomori , I would be very happy if we signed him full time but he is in the potential category and not the finished article.

There really any justification in saying this , indeed if he was that good he would not be loaned out by Chelsea in the first place.

We are signing him to fill out our numbers in that position and because we have two young players the manager believes will benefit more from playing every week while on loan.

I am more than happy with Tomori , I would be very happy if we signed him full time but he is in the potential category and not the finished article.
Chelsea are better than us. A player they won't be using could be the best we have at a position.

...I think it’s more of a case of him providing us with something we haven’t got. That’s why he’s a consideration as a starter. Chelsea have similar types but we don’t have anybody who has the power and pace of recovery when the opposition gets behind the back four.

its not whether he’s better than what we have, he provides what none of them have and that includes the full backs.

Slight concern about how he lost in place in Chelsea's team 2nd half of last season, despite their CBs being all pretty mediocre. But I def think he's got talent. As others have mentioned rapid and good on the ball.

I love the idea. Tomori is a quick player and capable passing the ball, exactly the type of centre backs we need for modern PL football. He should compete for his place with Holgate, with Keane or Mina being the other centre back. A quick player able to pass the ball and a tall and strong player could create a nice partnership at the back.

I only see two problems with Tomori: he is right footed and we are going to be able to get him just on a loan. But considering our need to spend on other positions and low number of available left footed centre backs, this is a really nice target. It also allows us to do the same thing that Chelsea is going to do with Tomori: outsource the development of Branthwaite and Gibson to some other clubs - a loan in Championship or Bundesliga seem to be an ideal step for both of them right now as they really need to play every week. This year we are going to have a better CB depth and the next year we are also going to be way more sure on the future of all our centre backs.

An underrated two things also are that we are going to get him way sooner than on the deadline day and that we are going to have some decent cover at time when Mina is only coming back from an injury and when Holgate is sadly injured. Bring Tomori in!

Status
Not open for further replies.