Transfer Rumour Fikayo Tomori

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’ll be one of four competing to start. Couldn’t give a monkeys what we say to Chelsea or what they expect.
It's more to do with why we'd be doing it and how you get the deal agreed though isn't it? The only reason he'd have to come here is if it meant he was going to play. Why would he want to move to the other end of the country to sit on our bench when he could be sat on Chelsea's? We'd have to sell ourselves to him. And you'd imagine he wouldn't be a cheap loan either, if it was just a case of bringing in cover i'm sure there are plenty of other options who'd be cheaper and happy to come, it's the sort of move that only really makes sense if he's penciled in to play a lot.

I don’t get all the ‘Chelsea will demand he starts lots of games’ stuff.
How many times do we loan out a young player and they end up sitting on the bench for most of the season.
A loan is designed to work for all parties but the loaning club can’t demand he plays.

Ive not given up on him or Iwobi.

But Bernie is in the mud for me.
Unfortunately for Bernard he isn't good enough to be an attacker and he is probably not going to be able to hold up physically in a PL midfield.

Tomori though. I think he'd play more here than people are giving credit for.

I'd also add a lack of talent.

The sooner we can nail down a centre half pairing the better.

Mina isn't the answer. Too erratic, unsettles the defence and you can't get any rhythm/momentum with him because his legs are made out of tofu.

Also not convinced Keane has it in his locker to play from the back in the way Ancelotti seems determined to achieve.

...yep, i can’t argue with much of that. I’ll go out on a limb and suggest Tomori would be a regular starter, he provides what we need and none of our other options has.

I'd also add a lack of talent.

The sooner we can nail down a centre half pairing the better.

Mina isn't the answer. Too erratic, unsettles the defence and you can't get any rhythm/momentum with him because his legs are made out of tofu.

Also not convinced Keane has it in his locker to play from the back in the way Ancelotti seems determined to achieve.
I'm not sure that Keane does, but I still find it laughable that we aren't asking this question about Holgate ever.

I don’t get all the ‘Chelsea will demand he starts lots of games’ stuff.
How many times do we loan out a young player and they end up sitting on the bench for most of the season.
A loan is designed to work for all parties but the loaning club can’t demand he plays.

They can work that into the cost though. Plays 25 games and it's a 1 million fee, plays 5 it's 2 million etc.

Im as big a fan of both of them as anyone, I see them both having potential which is higher than Holgate and potentially even to John Stones levels in Brainthwaites case (lads who are left footed, 6 ft 4 at 17 and quick are very rare) but 30+ games at the championship level would improve both enormously.

I though Gordon was brilliant on Saturday, and bossed a championship team, so 30 games doing that would do him the world of good. It seems like Watford really want Brainthwaite, so him being a big part there would be good.

We then assess options, the ideal would probably be Keane and Mina have good seasons and we can move at least 1 on for a good fee.

Tomori is a very powerful and quick defender and will improve us.

Exactly. Branthwaite in particular has looked an excellent prospect. But given what Ledson has recently said about U23's not being real football, you have to wonder what keeping them here to make the bench the odd game but playing most of the season in the U23's is going to do for their development.

Yes they may be training with better players here, but players dont improve just training. If they both get 30-40 games next season then we may not need to dip into the market for a CB. Or if we want we can sell for decent money.

This deal or any defender on loan makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.