Transfer Rumour Fikayo Tomori

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

Galileo,Galileo,
Galileo Galileo
Galileo, Fikayo, Magnifico

Do have to wonder where he fits in here.
Keane just signed a new 5 year deal and Holgate was one of our best players last season, the 2 seem to be building a good partnership at the back.

Tomori would be an amazing option to have as back-up, but I doubt he or Chelsea would want him spending most of his time here on the bench...

We haven’t had an update on Holgate’s injury though and Mina can’t be that fit. CB suddenly becomes a more urgent need.

Good business that.

Always think you should bang on a optional purchase fee on these though incase he turns out sick and he has to go back to Chelsea
Hopefully it is a loan with an option to buy. There was a reason why we were linked with Gabriel all year. Our CB options are not good enough to be pushing for a top six position.
Hopefully a loan with option to buy.
Let's see what happens with this lad, I'd be fine with it with an option, made up even. But I hate loaning players within from the Premier League without an option.
No chance of an option imho.

No chance of an option imho.

Might depend on how the season pans out. If Thiago Silva stays another year and Sarr shows promise, and he stays behind Rudiger, Zouma and Christensen he could be 6th choice. Would Tomori want to go back to be that, if for example, he plays regularly for us and gets back in the England squad? Doubt it.

Do have to wonder where he fits in here.
Keane just signed a new 5 year deal and Holgate was one of our best players last season, the 2 seem to be building a good partnership at the back.

Tomori would be an amazing option to have as back-up, but I doubt he or Chelsea would want him spending most of his time here on the bench...
Could be looking at flexibility formation wise. He’s a left sided CB so maybe could play with three CBs at times. Have to assume that Branthwaite and Gibson will go on loan.

People saying they would rather keep Branthwaite and Gibson are forgetting that they have little to no experience.

Tomori played a full season in the Championship and was excellent. He's also played quite a few games for Chelsea too.

If signing him allows both Branthwaite and Gibson to get Championship loans themselves, it does everyone the world of good.

I wonder if the injury to Holgate is serious.
There were tentative links to Tomori before the injury no? If they’re re-surfacing it could suggest their hand has been forced and go for the loan. One of Gibson or Branthwaite will need to go out on loan. Can’t have both of them battling for the chance to break the squad, one needs to be sent out to a good championship side in my opinion.
that being said, I’ve liked Tomori every time he’s played, he’s fast at the very least

Status
Not open for further replies.