2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
There it is ^^^

When a DoF's credibility is highlighted and questioned in such a public manner you know he's on borrowed time.

He's had a great run, tbf. Picked up a lot of money by looking Dutch and perfecting the art of studied aloofness.

Im surprised it’s such a front of the house, high profile, pointed peice especially for the BBC, they are usually very vanilla - “Ancelotti demanding his own men”.

Last edited:
CUFB.gif

Fantastic work so far this window. Onwards and upwards.

...and as I said, he'll get credit for those if they are any good. Just buying young players doesn't cut it.

Dave, I sort of agree with you, there's no way JR comes if Carlo is not here. However. part of being a DOF is working in unison with the manager, and you do know it's not impossible for two people to agree that a player is worth signing. yes?

Dave, I sort of agree with you, there's no way JR comes if Carlo is not here. However. part of being a DOF is working in unison with the manager, and you do know it's not impossible for two people to agree that a player is worth signing. yes?

Exactly people make out like it’s a closed book and only one person gets to choose the players we buy.
Pretty sure there will be dozens involved from scouts, statisticians and then the owner, manager and dof will bring there own ideas and then come to an agreement.

Because he's yet to develop a youngster worthy of the first team.

Think you should be aiming that barb at Rhino and the other reserve and youth coaches, and the previous basket case managers that we have employed - not really solely Marcel's fault that none of his young signings are worthy "yet" for the first team. Also, I think these new additions will help the kids kick on and improve.

You have to admit Davek, with Marcel working with Carlo, we've done some damage this window - they have both done their jobs really well.

Exactly people make out like it’s a closed book and only one person gets to choose the players we buy.
Pretty sure there will be dozens involved from scouts, statisticians and then the owner, manager and dof will bring there own ideas and then come to an agreement.

@davek seems to think that Marcel has somehow undermined his position by basically not telling Carlo he can't sign players he wants.

It's a bizarre stance, as I'm pretty sure he'd be foaming at the mouth if it emerged that Marcel blocked this.

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't ;)

Im surprised it’s such a front of the house, high profile, pointed peice especially for the BBC, they are usually very vanilla - “Ancelotti demanding his own men”.
Why? It’s fairly obvious. You get a manager like Ancelotti you accept his demands. And it’s reasonably clear in this instance because he’s also taking former players who been open about wanting to play for him again.

obviously it’ll all go pear shaped because we are everton but honestly, a quality manager with a name ancelotti just lifts you to a different level compared to ‘up and coming’ managers.

I may make a BLT this morning to celebrate our Dutch contract master getting us a superstar through the front door, made up with the way this is panning out like this window.

Status
Not open for further replies.