Jonjoe Kenny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goodness sake, give the lad a chance. Since his return, he's played 45 mins in a friendly game that none of our other players could be accused of giving a standout performance in either.

Most of the players have had the chance to play under Ancelotti and his system/style of football for a few months now. The sensible thing to do would be to allow Kenny the same opportunity to try and prove his worth to the manager. Then, at least, Ancelloti can assess the player, and what he offers, and make a more informed decision on whether or not Kenny has future with the club.
Or buy a first choice right back.

I think out of the two, would prove a better option currently than Seamus at this stage of his career, but SC has the status and experience and is favoured by management (despite increasingly offering less and less to the team on the field over the last 2 years).

However, we need to be looking at a level above the two of them if we want to be going places.

He is basically Hibberts reincarnation. A defensive right back who can do a job in the middle in an emergency. For me he would be kept as back up but I get the feeling that Coleman works hard behind the scenes and he will be kept for that reason. If it was a pure footballing decision Kenny stays as back up to our new all singing and dancing right back who will hopefully arrive in the next week or 2.

I liked the determination and drive Jonjoe Kenny showed to get his goal against PNE. Will be interesting to see what happens with his possible loan to Schalke. Maybe an opportunity to buy option will be on the table if the lad is loaned out again.

He is basically Hibberts reincarnation. A defensive right back who can do a job in the middle in an emergency. For me he would be kept as back up but I get the feeling that Coleman works hard behind the scenes and he will be kept for that reason. If it was a pure footballing decision Kenny stays as back up to our new all singing and dancing right back who will hopefully arrive in the next week or 2.

Except Hibbert would never in a million years be in the position to score that goal today

Status
Not open for further replies.