Jonjoe Kenny

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lad is about the same age as Leighton Baines was, when he came to us from Wigan. The 2007 Baines was struggling to get into our team, even Lescott was preferred at LB. The 2009 Baines was winning player of the month awards. The difference was night and day. And all it was mostly down to getting games.

The difference between Kenny and Baines is that Kenny has been capped at every level for England upto U-21 level. Won the UEFA U-17 Championship, won the U-20 World Cup.

He's shown he can perform at the top level, only Bastian Oczipka started more games for Schalke in the Bundesliga last season.

The guy just needs a chance. I think there is an excellent player there. He's also a local lad and cares more for this club than any random 25m+ RB we're going to sign on 100k contract.
bozos this guy just CRUSHED u here.

The lad is about the same age as Leighton Baines was, when he came to us from Wigan. The 2007 Baines was struggling to get into our team, even Lescott was preferred at LB. The 2009 Baines was winning player of the month awards. The difference was night and day. And all it was mostly down to getting games.

The difference between Kenny and Baines is that Kenny has been capped at every level for England upto U-21 level. Won the UEFA U-17 Championship, won the U-20 World Cup.

He's shown he can perform at the top level, only Bastian Oczipka started more games for Schalke in the Bundesliga last season.

The guy just needs a chance. I think there is an excellent player there. He's also a local lad and cares more for this club than any random 25m+ RB we're going to sign on 100k contract.

Absolutely. Just had a season on loan in Bundesliga playing regular football, albeit in a poor side, and is about the same age as Coleman was when he came back from a good season in the Championship with Blackpool. There's absolutely nothing in his career so far that suggests he's stalled or stopped making progress.

But there's people on here who think someone should be the finished article at that age despite pretty much every successful elite coach and manager disagreeing with that theory.

It’s up to the management ultimately.
As a local lad and an Evertonian I would love him to succeed, I would be ecstatic if we could produce a successful team of scousers.
But so far, judging him purely as a player, he hasn’t shown enough for me to be particularly bothered whether we retain him or sell him. Coleman still gives us more.
At present there are far better attainable players out there, and since we appear to be fast tracking our development with an influx of ‘ready to go’ players, I think we may go for a more immediate solution to this position.

I believe JJK will be kept and over the season will settle in as first choice right back
We saw yesterday his determination and leadership qualities.

He is still only 23 and although relatively experienced is still learning the game and will improve further.
I think he is the kind of player CA likes. He talks about character and personality a lot and Kenny shows these characteristics.

I thought he did ok for us when he came in for Coleman and then got dropped as soon as Coleman was fit ..a year in Germany has been good for him and dont understand why he getting so much stick when there are much worse players to complain about .. for me I would give him a chance as first choice unless we can sign a quality right back better than the pair of them

Last edited:
I believe he’s basically now reached his potential, I’ll remain reserved with judgement but I think it’s clear he won’t become one of the Premier League’s star right backs. However, I do believe he can hold his own at this level and would be a very good squad player.

I’d have absolutely no concerns with him staying in the squad as a backup/someone to challenge Coleman.

Realistically we would still need to address the position in twelve months time but I think we have more pressing matters and other players to worry about first.

I will be honest I don’t even mind the lad, there are much bigger concerns than him and I’m quite fine with us giving him a chance, I would be in no hurry to loan him out unless we can find a suitable replacement first.
I disagree, RB, CB and GK are the big position to fill next. I saw more in Nkounkou than JJK has ever really shown. We need a Dean level replacement there.

Status
Not open for further replies.