Confirmed Signing Abdoulaye Doucouré

Status
Not open for further replies.
"he recovered from two cruciate ligament tears to the same knee"

Didn't know that.

If I've read right - I also didn't know that after Watford signed him, they thought he was a dud and tried to loan him out but the move wasn't validated in time (33 seconds too late apparently) and he didn't get his debut for them for 5 months after.

Didn't know that.

If I've read right - I also didn't know that after Watford signed him, they thought he was a dud and tried to loan him out but the move wasn't validated in time (33 seconds too late apparently) and he didn't get his debut for them for 5 months after.

Well that's the third cruciate tear here then innit.

Didn't know that.

Don't worry the rigorous Everton medical will sort that out.......

“There were just two years between them,” he says of the potentially career-ending injuries to his left knee, the first of which was in 2011. “Some people would never recover from that, some people would come back and not be the same or have less quality, but me, I was the complete opposite. I came back stronger. It’s my mentality. I am a strong man, I am always looking forward and this is my main thing.”

“There were just two years between them,” he says of the potentially career-ending injuries to his left knee, the first of which was in 2011. “Some people would never recover from that, some people would come back and not be the same or have less quality, but me, I was the complete opposite. I came back stronger. It’s my mentality. I am a strong man, I am always looking forward and this is my main thing.”

Lad it was 9 years ago!!!

According to transfermarkt he hasn't missed a game in the last 8 years through injury.

That cant be right................................

But we all know what happens next......

Sounds like Barkley, two leg breaks as a youth player.

Lad it was 9 years ago!!!

According to transfermarkt he hasn't missed a game in the last 8 years through injury.

That cant be right................................

But we all know what happens next......

Suspect the medical will be giving that knee closer attention though.

I have a bit of a blind spot on him as a footballer - had to do some research for an article prep.

It was those two bits that stood out - 1. Recovered from two bad injuries he described as career ending injuries and 2. Watford didn't fancy him at all initially. They tried to send him to Lorient but 33 second late paperwork prevented it.

Although a potentially interesting quote;

On his preferred position, Doucoure recently said: “I prefer box-to-box, this is my first position but I am happy with holding midfield. I get to touch the ball a lot and I can go deep and start the play.”

Suspect the medical will be giving that knee closer attention though.

I have a bit of a blind spot on him as a footballer - had to do some research for an article prep.

It was those two bits that stood out - 1. Recovered from two bad injuries he described as career ending injuries and 2. Watford didn't fancy him at all initially. They tried to send him to Lorient but 33 second late paperwork prevented it.

Although a potentially interesting quote;

On his preferred position, Doucoure recently said: “I prefer box-to-box, this is my first position but I am happy with holding midfield. I get to touch the ball a lot and I can go deep and start the play.”

I spoke to a Watford fan on twitter, he was shocking last season, but before that he said he was a monster.

Status
Not open for further replies.