Confirmed Signing James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's out of contract though isn't he? Not sure we could do option to buy, he'll be free to speak to other clubs come January

Depends on the deal. No one knows.

End of the day, he's on huge wages (isn't it £300k a week?) We'll set up a deal that doesn't cripple us and keeps him happy.

Other clubs have to factor the same thing. If we're paying £150k a week, he goes out of contract, doesn't want to sign...then he'll go to another club. But that other club still isn't going to get him cheap.

And as with anything...top clubs come in, players will be interested.

Bayern had the option to buy him and they wanted to take that up.

James asked them not to buy him.

He was also brilliant before Zidane tinkered around (player of the year for Real i think).

The only real risk with James is whether he adapts to the league (he did well in Germany) and also managing his potential injuries.
Just wondering what you mean by manage his injuries. Do you mean rest him for some games?

I would too if in the space of 2 years my club went from champions league final, to appointing a manager who hates football and signing Jordan Pickfords dad and the Arsenal mascot.
They also signed a Danish no mark midfielder whilst we’re off signing South American’s with experience going deep in champions league and winning trophies

Status
Not open for further replies.