Old Everton Pictures

81svbic1aKL._AC_SX425_.jpg

those guys shouldn't be looking at those welding flames. Bet they suffered for that later on. That was my line of work for years. Never thought I'd see a guy welding on a football photos forum..........great stuff.
But serious........those fences were awful. A friend of mine was rushed to hospital after being crushed against one.(not at Goodison.......But Old Trafford) He was lucky. He wasn't seriously hurt.
But none the less those fences were awful.

Wee Bobby Collins starting life as a cobbler & playing amateur football for the Boys Brigade in th local football team Pollock - An Everton Scout heard about this lad & swooped to sign apprentice forms meeting his parents a trip to Goodison park with his father they loved what they saw, and accepted terms in a letter - typical Everton FC in the early 1950s never put the details on a usual mandatory signing on forms that day - as soon as they got back to Scotland the Celtic Club who were interested met the Collins family & offered him the same terms with the correct forms to sign - we threatened legal action, but the Scottish FA squashed our claim as a letter meant nothing - Everton that! - 9 years later after fantastic service to Celtic we paid £24,500 for Wee Bobby in 1958 -59 season, and he was an instant hit with a struggling blues team again due to circumstances the new Manager the Catt thought Collins was past it & sold him to Leeds losing no money - a familiar theme rings out here as with the sale of Bally -
As Wee Bobby made Leeds then at the bottom of the third division climb up the leagues to be the nemesis thorn of the Catt as Bobby player then coach made Leeds the force they became .....
Here's Bobby as an apprentice cobbler - we lost ten years of his services -doh -
1598526959967.png