Old Everton Pictures

England skipper Alan Ball gives thumbs-up to Kevin Keegan in May 1975 during a goalless draw with Northern Ireland -
View attachment 98436
Was at that match. Have the programme somewhere.... . Think it was England's first match in Belfast since the suspension of teams travelling there due to the troubles.
Just about remember that England played the better football. But Jennings (as usual) came to the rescue.
Dave Clements and Tommy Jackson played for N.Ireland that day. Jackson was I think at N.Forest. Clements was at Everton....
Strange that Alan Ball was still playing for England. 4 or 5 years after being deemed not good enough to be at Everton.
Ps........heard and read all the stories behind Alan Ball leaving Everton........still believe that Catterick thought that he was not good enough..........But still 5 years later he's playing for England.......

Nah Joseph!!I reckon that's the infamous Blackburn cup tie that was discussed on here the other day 1971,very foggy, looks like their sub, dark socks!!
Their sub for that match was some guy called R.Charter. TBH.....never heard of him. But I have that programme. And that's the name that is written in......
Ps.....can't resist checking these things......

1598464278314.jpeg