Confirmed Signing James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd disagree on all points. We've got a few good players, Richarlison, DCL, Holgate and er. Digne is a good more experienced player, after that who is there? The whole squad needs a rebuild. Most sides try to rebuild their squad over a 3 year period. Over the park they put together a squad like that and grew together and did quite well. Moyes when he came in, built a decent squad which grew together and moved us up the table. His problem was he couldn't improve on it and he didn't want to rebuild it.

I'd just rather see Everton spend the limited resources on players who are looking to make a name for themselves in the game. Lukaku was a prime example, he came in, hungry for success, did well and moved on for a big profit. A few more players of that kind of mould and you've got yourself a good side, and a decent transfer war chest. After a while the better players wont need to leave. Other clubs have managed it, why do Everton keep buying expensive flops?
I disagree with all your points also but can't be bothered writing something that resembles War and Peace... Using Lukaku was a bad example by the way considering he was looking to leave from the day he signed...
All this being said,a respect your opinion brother,Peace be with you. ✌️

I disagree with all your points also but can't be bothered writing something that resembles War and Peace... Using Lukaku was a bad example by the way considering he was looking to leave from the day he signed...
All this being said,a respect your opinion brother,Peace be with you. ✌

Doesn't matter if he was looking to leave or not, he scored a load of goals and left for a big profit.

Behave man. His foot literally fell off in October.

I don't think there was a single poster on here who was against us buying him following his loan spell the year before. By GOTs standards that's practically unprecedented.

As for Doucoure, yes he's been inconsistent but I've seen more games when he has been stand out, than I have when he's been invisible.

The problem with most people, depending on whether you're a positive or negative person, is that they either look at the very best and take it as the norm, or they look at the worst and take it as the norm. In reality, the truth is always somewhere inbetween.

Most of our existing players are better than they showed in the period after the restart. We also had some players that hardly played, such as Holgate, Mina, Gbamin. Most of the players we have been seriously linked with are a level above what we currently have in those positions. Yes they are inconsistent, or have had issues with injury, but that is why they are being linked to us and not Barcelona and Real Madrid.

Over the last couple of seasons the facts prove we have been the worst for injuries and the second worst for refereeing/VAR decisions amongst all the premier clubs. That effects form and confidence. If our luck changes for the better (let's face it, it couldn't be any worse), and we can bring in the likes of Allan, Doucoure, James and Arias, then I'm confident that we can be competitive this season.

I think Liverpool, City and Chelsea will be out on their own, but with a top manager like Ancelotti pulling the strings there's no reason why we won't be in the mix with the likes of United, Arsenal, Spurs, Leicester and Wolves.
I like Gomes, was just stating he looked woeful at the end of the season but with the season starting again in A such space of time from the last 1 ending will he be any better or fitter? And as for doucoure like I said I’m not that convinced.

Madness mate.

We are Everton. We have no right to be turning down players like James.

We've got loads of younger players. How about some actual proven footballers?
This is the most important point.

We do not have an old squad, quite the opposite.
Our squad needs more top quality experience and the names linked would certainly provide that.
We can at this moment put out an incredibly young team if we choose to do so and that in part has been our problem, too many young players and a lack of leadership from some of the more experienced ones.
Pickford
Kenny
Holgate
Branthwaite
Digne
Davies
Gomes
Richarlison
DCL
Kean
Gordon.

That team would have an average age of under 23.

No I appreciate he's probably not stylistically, but everything he's done in his career suggests, even if he was at say 75% of his peak he'd give us a far greater goal threat than any of our midfielders both in terms of chance creation and scoring.

I agree with you, I'd like us to sign young up and coming players, but it's a very condensed market and one where top European players want to be playing in Europe. Our issue is very much we either take a very big gamble, probably from a smaller league (or at best a Moise Kean) and hope they come good, or we go the other way and hope we can get the best from James. I think both have their ups and downs.

I'd just hope given we've got a Director of Football model that there was a bit more forward planning than just 'who is available this Summer'. Most of the top players in the World don't just suddenly become top players, it takes years of hard work. But most of them did tend to star at the younger ages for their International sides. Everton are in a unique position where we could offer such suitable players regular Premier League football to help push their careers to the next level. Many clubs around Europe seem able to do this.

If James comes in and is anything like he was, then great, as you say he'll improve on a team which barely registers a goal or assist outside of the two strikers.

I like Gomes, was just stating he looked woeful at the end of the season but with the season starting again in A such space of time from the last 1 ending will he be any better or fitter? And as for doucoure like I said I’m not that convinced.
If Gomes regains his best form then certainly it would be hard to keep him off the team. However, in season 19/20 before and after his injury he was not good. Having new midfield partners should help but I certainly think that anybody thinking he will make the team without a huge improvement in form is completely wrong.

You build can't a side with players looking to leave.

Do you think every player at Everton thinks this is the club they want to play the rest of their career for? The only difference with Lukaku was that he was vocal about it. I've got no issue with a player wanting to better themselves and move on. But if you have enough players like that, all looking to improve and push on, then eventually you';ll be a good enough side that they don't actually have to leave.

Gomes was coming back from a mashed ankle. It was about getting him back on the pitch.He is hardly going to look world class a couple of months after now is he? Honestly sometimes.
So how long we giving gbamin to recover 1 year? Gomes didn’t look as if he should of played 45 minutes in some of those games, rushed back to pointless games where He could of got an reoccurring injury

Do you think every player at Everton thinks this is the club they want to play the rest of their career for? The only difference with Lukaku was that he was vocal about it. I've got no issue with a player wanting to better themselves and move on. But if you have enough players like that, all looking to improve and push on, then eventually you';ll be a good enough side that they don't actually have to leave.
Can you name me a team in England that has "built" this team you speak of in the last 15 years?

If Gomes regains his best form then certainly it would be hard to keep him off the team. However, in season 19/20 before and after his injury he was not good. Having new midfield partners should help but I certainly think that anybody thinking he will make the team without a huge improvement in form is completely wrong.
I agree and the team shouldn’t get picked on say Gomes was good 2 to 3 seasons ago. If he ain’t fit or back to his best he don’t play simple as...

Status
Not open for further replies.