Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
King has just been Linked to AC Milan

If we had any sense we should get it done quickly.

£15-18 million for a 1 in 4 goalscorer who can play in a 442 / 443 is decent value in todays market - Leeds are paying near £30 million for that same sort of CF.

He aint someone who would kick up a fuss not playing all the time either so a useful squad player.

I think that’ll be the plan. After we have a solid first team it’s about adding quality or kids like Kean, Nkoukou etc. as gambles for the future
Absolutely is the plan
Steady the ship with no risk, experienced players, establish a solid foothold and build.
we could not risk adding inexperienced, up and coming types to this fragile squad, we were bereft of confidence as it was, a few more bad decisions and head would drop and Carlo would do one imo

If we had any sense we should get it done quickly.

£15-18 million for a 1 in 4 goalscorer who can play in a 442 / 443 is decent value in todays market - Leeds are paying near £30 million for that same sort of CF.

He aint someone who would kick up a fuss not playing all the time either so a useful squad player.

Im liking the sound of 443, let’s hope no one notices.

Unless we receive substantial offers for those players (Bernard aside maybe) I can’t see them being sold.

Sigurdsson won’t move on. I don’t think many clubs will be interested in him, if they are I can’t see him wanting to leave unless it’s something that stands out for him like playing Champions League football. No way he’s taking a pay cut. Also with him I can’t help but feel Ancelotti likes him.

I think Iwobi will get another season and again I can’t see the club accepting anything less than what they paid for him or any clubs willing to pay that.

Gomes still a good squad player for us and Kean will be given another season like Iwobi I think, or at least be loaned out.

For me, realistically our only sellable ‘assets’ are Bernard, Kenny or Davies and I can’t really see them bringing much in.
We will need to sell players and the more we can sell then either we can buy more or we will be financially more secure.

The players we really want to move on will probably be sold for practically no fee , the benefit being to get them off the payroll.

I have read previously that Sigurdsson in particular does not accept lightly being left out of the first eleven and if we are lucky enough to sign the three players we are linked with then I think all the players mentioned will very much become squad players only.
They may feel that it is better to play somewhere else than just sit on the bench at Everton.
I am not saying they will all be sold, but they are players that have a value , they may be wanted elsewhere and may not see a future for themselves at Everton.

I would however say the manager may feel that a player like Iwobi may have a lot more to offer if playing alongside a more dominant midfield.
We really don't know what CA thinks of any of his players.

The club seem to be including him in their plans. He is closer to Allan and Doucourè in play style so is needed to cover for them alone. James has Sig, Gomes and even Iwobi/Bernard to cover the attacking role. I’d rather keep Gbamin than Davies or Delph who achieve neither the defensive or attacking aspect of midfield. He’s still an unknown quantity yes but probably has more value to us than some others

The club don't appear to be including him in their plans at all. They look like they are trying to sign three superior central midfielders. The hope that Gbamin may one day be able to make it as a reserve if he ever manages to play football again is not an indicator of him being in anyone's plans. If anything, they appear to be investing heavily in central midfield because they don't have any confidence in any of our current central midfielders.

Status
Not open for further replies.