Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to say folks there's surprisingly little fume on here about our lack of transfer activity. Is that because everyone is feeling positive that we're quietly going about our business in the inimitable Everton way? Or are we all now too accustomed to underwhelming transfer windows? Not sure what I prefer - a Koemanesque window of signing overpriced unsuitable players or a Moyesesque window of signing absolutely no one. We shouldn't be in this position. We have a world class manager, a benefactor who is minted and the appeal and heritage of our wonderful club. What is going on!!!!?

Have to say folks there's surprisingly little fume on here about our lack of transfer activity. Is that because everyone is feeling positive that we're quietly going about our business in the inimitable Everton way? Or are we all now too accustomed to underwhelming transfer windows? Not sure what I prefer - a Koemanesque window of signing overpriced unsuitable players or a Moyesesque window of signing absolutely no one. We shouldn't be in this position. We have a world class manager, a benefactor who is minted and the appeal and heritage of our wonderful club. What is going on!!!!?

There's fume all over the place. BEDWET-20 is the pandemic sweeping our fanbase.

Just enjoy your holidays and see what happens in September/October ffs. Life's too short and precious to worry about a football team taking a bit of time to buy players.

Or are we all now too accustomed to underwhelming transfer windows - this one

heritage of our wonderful club - Allan was 4 when we last one a trophy and most consider him old...

Our heritage counts for less every year we come up empty or don’t compete. It’s hit a breaking point now where we are literally a risk of being less relevant than Leicester in the eyes of young players. (If not already)..

It is a difficult window for most though... I think if our main opposition clubs were all busy the fury would be deafening

Please be Everton

“Morgan Schneiderlin set to leave Nice after only one match as he was visibly upset having to earn his pay by actually trying on Saturday. Return to Everton is an option as Carlo looks to reinforce the club’s stance that effort is overrated. Nice want 20million for the player they only just signed for 2 million earlier in the window. Everton holding out in hopes of paying 25mil. More to come”

It’s more to do with apathy, everyone knows now our director of football is an amateur, who struggles to conduct negotiations fast

Most of football knows now if you hold out, Brands will come back cap in hand, on deadline day and pay over the odds.

I think we can safely say that unless we unearth some gems in this market then we aren’t getting anywhere near the top 8-6 places next season. Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs will all be strong. Man U and the other obvious 2 are light years ahead of us and Wolves and Leicester are both comfortably better as it stands today.

finished 12th
Corona virus
players on holiday
Quarantine
Getting the best price.

Status
Not open for further replies.