Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

People always focus on Net spend.

But over the last 5 years our wage bill has increased from 86m a year to last years high of 162m.

Add in the 50m+ we have spent on replacing managers, the other 80m+ or so on Agents and then you wonder how we pay our leccy bill.
there is no doubt since Moshiri has come in the level of incompetence from those in charge has been insane. The blame lies throughout the club. From terrible decisions at the top regarding recruitment of managers and Dof through to the awful players we have wasted millions on. It's almost criminal. I think there is an air of romanticism when we consider Moyes transfers and he signed some duds - they weren't all Cahills or Artetas but that level of detail he and his team went into when signing a player - making sure they were the right character, the right mentality and worth every penny (which we didn't have much of then). As soon as we got Moshiri that level of detail went and boy are we suffering for it now.

there is no doubt since Moshiri has come in the level of incompetence from those in charge has been insane. The blame lies throughout the club. From terrible decisions at the top regarding recruitment of managers and Dof through to the awful players we have wasted millions on. It's almost criminal. I think there is an air of romanticism when we consider Moyes transfers and he signed some duds - they weren't all Cahills or Artetas but that level of detail he and his team went into when signing a player - making sure they were the right character, the right mentality and worth every penny (which we didn't have much of then). As soon as we got Moshiri that level of detail went and boy are we suffering for it now.
Moshiri´s main error was Steve Walsh, but he wasnt first choice. If we had got Monchi like he wanted to, or if Brands came in at that time I dont think we would be in this situation now. And everybody spole highly of Steve Walsh, including Alex Ferguson. Almost everyone was positive that the man who uncovered Mahrez and Kante was the right choice. Hard lessons though.

I would commend Moshiri on the progress off the field though. They have been visionary and shown loads of competence in progressing the stadium to where it is now- that will be something that secures the long term future of the club.

Haven't been that many deals yet around football generally, I think you probably have to build in a COVID discount off the numbers we would ordinarly estimate, due to lost revenue last season and uncertainty for this one.

I love that you are taking a post that says we could get £45 million for Bernard seriously.

Moshiri´s main error was Steve Walsh, but he wasnt first choice. If we had got Monchi like he wanted to, or if Brands came in at that time I dont think we would be in this situation now. And everybody spole highly of Steve Walsh, including Alex Ferguson. Almost everyone was positive that the man who uncovered Mahrez and Kante was the right choice. Hard lessons though.

I would commend Moshiri on the progress off the field though. They have been visionary and shown loads of competence in progressing the stadium to where it is now- that will be something that secures the long term future of the club.
On the football side the decisions have been poor. The appointments of Walsh, Allardyce and Silva were all poor imo. Koeman looked like a great idea at the time.

Brands has been left with a difficult mess to sort out but hindsight is 20/20 I guess.

On the football side the decisions have been poor. The appointments of Walsh, Allardyce and Silva were all poor imo. Koeman looked like a great idea at the time.

Brands has been left with a difficult mess to sort out but hindsight is 20/20 I guess.
yep

That is quite incredible really.

It is very poor value for money spent, but as has been pointed out by others it is not as bad as it looks.

Richarlison,Digne,Pickford would all be sold at a profit, some more than others.

Kean and Gbamin may turn out as losses or could still prove themselves and increase their value.

I think Michael Keane would at least break even and Andre Gomes the same. Yerry Mina would still fetch the majority of the fee that he cost as well, possibly all of it.

Iwobi at present would show a loss.

Bolasie, Besic and Sandro have just been a waste of money.

Walsh done his best work when working on a shoestring budget. Then when he came here and was handed to keys to the infamous war chest he was like a kid in a sweet shop. The damage done there will take years to fix and we've got to accept that and continue to fight to stay relevant until we get the finances back in check.

People always focus on Net spend.

But over the last 5 years our wage bill has increased from 86m a year to last years high of 162m.

Add in the 50m+ we have spent on replacing managers, the other 80m+ or so on Agents and then you wonder how we pay our leccy bill.

Dishing out 100k a week to utterly mediocre players who wouldn’t command half as much elsewhere.
Absolutely needs to end.

Status
Not open for further replies.