2020/21 The Everton Board Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Least we have been successful under Moshiri, along with our sudden ability to attract lots of top players weve never had it so good.
And even further away from winning a trophy which should be the true measure of success NOT signing bang average players for over-inflated fees and wages !!

This is my first post, although, due to my advancing years I have followed the comings and goings within the EFC Board for may years. I found this thread interesting and although no fan of Kenwright, would agree there is some merit in the view that he provided much needed stability in taking on the club from Johnson.

It must be said that at the time his co-owners in the consortium were most unlikely to have the finances to develop the club. Matters were made worse by what appeared to be and still does, a lack of a coherent business plan and poor choices for a CEO. The jury is still out on DBB pending stadium delivery.

As a fan, based on the knowledge in the public arena, it is hard to continue to have support for Kenwight when as 'The Greatest Living Evertonian' he was involved in the attempt to hoodwink fans over Christopher Samuelson and Fortress Sports Fund, This as I recall was announced at an AGM and never got off the ground.

That debacle appears to have been a cynical ploy to deal with the then Director Paul Gregg who was at the time able to provide, with conditions that would see Kenwright replaced as Chairman, Kings Dock Stadium.

The involvement with Philip Green and appointment of Robert Earl as a Director whose only claim to fame was to bring Sylvester Stallone to a game did nothing to add to Kenwright's credibility. This was also reinforced by the Kirkby debacle and the lack of transparency re the same when seeking a mandate.

We definitely got lucky with David Moyes in terms of Premier League survival but my view is to the rest of the football world, we continued to give the impression that we were living hand to mouth.

In summary for these reasons and the fact that I do not believe over the period of Kenwright's tenure pre- Moshiri, as he wishes to tell us he could not find, worldwide a suitable investor, He should step aside. I am not to bothered if he is given some meaningless role such as Club President.
[/QUOT

That is a very balanced and honest narrative. Thank you.

Our club is in turmoil on the pitch but our bright spark CEO and DoF thinks this is what the fans care about.

Sums this pathetic Board of Directors up. Too sentimental to really push on.

I’d have loved Moshiri to have ripped it all up when he came in but he’s kept all the losers in situ and we wonder why we don’t progress.

Our club is in turmoil on the pitch but our bright spark CEO and DoF thinks this is what the fans care about.

Sums this pathetic Board of Directors up. Too sentimental to really push on.

I’d have loved Moshiri to have ripped it all up when he came in but he’s kept all the losers in situ and we wonder why we don’t progress.

The club is in turmoil?????

In what way lollollol

In what way? We just had our lowest finish in 16 years. Do keep up.

I mean we finished 11th, twice, only a few seasons back.

Its hardly turmoil.

Anyway, you missed out things that fans REALLY care about in that article.

Everton, meanwhile, have confirmed that all season ticket holders will be offered a refund for all matches that are played behind closed doors.

The Blues' first home game of the season - against West Brom on September 19 - will be without fans.

Everton say they are working on plans for the reintroduction of some fans - possibly from October - and how best to allocate seats in a reduced capacity at Goodison.

"As you would expect, a major area of focus for the Club is ensuring we can welcome you back to Goodison Park as soon as it is safe to do so - and we are working closely with the Premier League to make this happen," she added.

"It is now certain that the opening fixtures of the 2020/21 Premier League season will be played behind closed doors. I would like to reassure all 2020/21 Season Ticket Members that a refund will be available for each fixture that is played behind closed doors.

"Details of the refund process will be shared in the coming weeks. We will ensure that process is straightforward, just as it was for the 2019/20 refunds.

"When it is safe to reintroduce supporters into the stadium, it is likely to be at a reduced capacity.

"Our ticketing team is working on what we believe is the most robust and fair allocation system and information on this will be shared as soon as it is possible to do so. Please be assured our aim is to get us all back together, safely, as soon as it is practicable."

I mean we finished 11th, twice, only a few seasons back.

Its hardly turmoil.

Anyway, you missed out things that fans REALLY care about in that article.

Everton, meanwhile, have confirmed that all season ticket holders will be offered a refund for all matches that are played behind closed doors.

The Blues' first home game of the season - against West Brom on September 19 - will be without fans.

Everton say they are working on plans for the reintroduction of some fans - possibly from October - and how best to allocate seats in a reduced capacity at Goodison.

"As you would expect, a major area of focus for the Club is ensuring we can welcome you back to Goodison Park as soon as it is safe to do so - and we are working closely with the Premier League to make this happen," she added.

"It is now certain that the opening fixtures of the 2020/21 Premier League season will be played behind closed doors. I would like to reassure all 2020/21 Season Ticket Members that a refund will be available for each fixture that is played behind closed doors.

"Details of the refund process will be shared in the coming weeks. We will ensure that process is straightforward, just as it was for the 2019/20 refunds.

"When it is safe to reintroduce supporters into the stadium, it is likely to be at a reduced capacity.

"Our ticketing team is working on what we believe is the most robust and fair allocation system and information on this will be shared as soon as it is possible to do so. Please be assured our aim is to get us all back together, safely, as soon as it is practicable."
So what? The fact remains that we’ve regressed to our lowest position since 2004 and it is a big cause of concern.

Keep sticking your head in the sand looking for likes.

So what? The fact remains that we’ve regressed to our lowest position since 2004 and it is a big cause of concern.

Keep sticking your head in the sand looking for likes.

I dont need any more likes thanks, ive got more than enough.

Sorry for not considering the club is in turmoil.

If the transfer window was shut I might agree, but with 7 weeks left im not overly concerned yet, but you do you.

Status
Not open for further replies.