Confirmed Signing Abdoulaye Doucouré

Status
Not open for further replies.
They might want Tosun. Welbeck has a £5.5m release clause in the event of relegation & will probably leave & i think Cenk could do ok in the Championship. Would he want to be there though is a i get the feeling he would feel it's beneath him.

Be shocked if he dropped down myself, plus they cant match his wages, we need a Premier League team if we want a sale otherwise its a loan to Turkey IMO.

They might want Tosun. Welbeck has a £5.5m release clause in the event of relegation & will probably leave & i think Cenk could do ok in the Championship. Would he want to be there though is a i get the feeling he would feel it's beneath him.
Whatever his wages are they might be too high for a championship club. Unfortunately the only way I think we could make money off him is similar to this year with a relegation threatened team being desperate for goals.

Hopefully he's not the type to sit out a contract in the reserves.

Be shocked if he dropped down myself, plus they cant match his wages, we need a Premier League team if we want a sale otherwise its a loan to Turkey IMO.
Fair point raised on the wages. I would imagine Welbeck was on a decent wage compared to others at Watford but probably nowhere near as high as Cenk.

Fair point raised on the wages. I would imagine Welbeck was on a decent wage compared to others at Watford but probably nowhere near as high as Cenk.

Dunno you know, can defo see Welbeck being on much better wages myself.

He was at United, then Arsenal and now Watford, the first 2 pay very good money and he will have been in a good position to get a good deal from Watford IMO.

He was at United, then Arsenal and now Watford, the first 2 pay very good money and he will have been in a good position to get a good deal from Watford IMO.
I have a memory of a conversation with my Watford mates saying he was on a pay as you play type deal due to his injury record. I may be wrong however.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200820-163751_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200820-163751_Chrome.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 135

They are right to do that. They are probably pointing at Arsenal reject Iwobi and saying "why should we sell one of our best players for 25m when you paid almost 10m more for Arsenal's worst player?"
Probably because

1) we didn’t pay £35m (at least upfront, and likely ever)
2) Arsenal hadn’t just been relegated
3) Iwobi is several years younger
4) Doucouré actively wants to leave
5) Iwobi wasn’t Arsenal’s worst player. (No one gives their worst player 51 appearances in their final season)

Even with the parachute payments they cant pay Premier League wages in the championship, they need rid of players ASAP.
The owners aren't the most rational,I've a feeling they'll gamble other suitors will come calling. And the longer this drags out the more desperate to appease Ancelotti Brands will get.

Sure he'll be on 70k at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.