Confirmed Signing Abdoulaye Doucouré

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think with Doucoure, if I’m Watford I’m paying close attention to Stoke with Butland. Held everyone to ransom for their star player, and ultimately he’s been a big disappointment and they didn’t recoup any money.

Naturally, you’d hope Doucoure wouldn’t down tools, but if he doesn’t perform then his value will drop.

The Watford fans seem happy to let him go for the right price, but the ball is in our court. £20m tops is hope.
Looking at Doucoure’s stats, he completed more passes than any of our players by a big margin. He also had more shots, won more tackles, did more clearances, won more aerial battles and scored more goals than any of our midfielders.
He would improve us.

Sounds like, just as Napoli are being with Allan, Watford are being stubborn with this trying to wrangle a bigger fee.

Sounds like, just as Napoli are being with Allan, Watford are being stubborn with this trying to wrangle a bigger fee.
They are right to do that. They are probably pointing at Arsenal reject Iwobi and saying "why should we sell one of our best players for 25m when you paid almost 10m more for Arsenal's worst player?"

The ball is very much in our court there like. With COVID and a relegation, I doubt their finances are going to be looking very healthy. Amazed they aren’t biting our hands off for £20m tbh.

Looking at Doucoure’s stats, he completed more passes than any of our players by a big margin. He also had more shots, won more tackles, did more clearances, won more aerial battles and scored more goals than any of our midfielders.
He would improve us.

Not saying he wouldn’t.

All I’m saying is, If I was Watfordwould I make sure I get a deal done so I’m not stuck with a high earner who doesn’t want to be there?

This one will drag later into the window for us to get him at a price we want, Watford are at a disadvantage here

player wants out, specifically to Everton, and they need money.

This one will drag later into the window for us to get him at a price we want, Watford are at a disadvantage here

player wants out, specifically to Everton, and they need money.
Don't forget the parachute payment,they won't be that desperate.

30M? 20M and we'll throw in besic and cenk for good measure
They might want Tosun. Welbeck has a £5.5m release clause in the event of relegation & will probably leave & i think Cenk could do ok in the Championship. Would he want to be there though is a i get the feeling he would feel it's beneath him.

Status
Not open for further replies.