Jonjoe Kenny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its our complete lack of non footballing defenders that worries me, especially when we insist on trying to play out from our 6 yard box.

Holgate / Branthwaite/Mina / Digne

4 out of 8* defensive options can pass a ball lol

*not sure on Nkounkou yet

I think if you put together a few factors : his experience of one season, his motivation at being back at home, he can work with ancelotti and it's the first time he can realistically displace Seamus - all together mean it's definitely worth keeping him.

Said it in many different posts:
Priorities for signings are
1) CM (Defensive or All-rounder)
2) CM (Creative or Pacy)
3) WIde attacker (Walcott / Bernard replacement)
4) Serious competition at GK
5) Replacements for Delph and Siggy if we can get rid of them

Interesting you dont have a centre back or a right back there...so adding 2×CM + 1× WM + replacement for Delph/Sigurdsson.

We'd hopefully have a great midfield...but also perhaps this:

Kenny Keane Holgate Digne
So the defence would need to sit very deep + our midfield would need to sit very deep.

No problem with that if we had Allan, Tonali and Sarr come in. Cant see it myself.

Holgate / Branthwaite/Mina / Digne

4 out of 8* defensive options can pass a ball lol

*not sure on Nkounkou yet

Interesting you dont have a centre back or a right back there...so adding 2×CM + 1× WM + replacement for Delph/Sigurdsson.

We'd hopefully have a great midfield...but also perhaps this:

Kenny Keane Holgate Digne
So the defence would need to sit very deep + our midfield would need to sit very deep.

No problem with that if we had Allan, Tonali and Sarr come in. Cant see it myself.

I see what you mean I think, but why would this defence need to sit deep, and what players do you think we'd pick to play a higher line. Considering Gomes might be a starter, and probably Holgate-Mina are centre backs as much as Keane-Holgate?

I see what you mean I think, but why would this defence need to sit deep, and what players do you think we'd pick to play a higher line. Considering Gomes might be a starter, and probably Holgate-Mina are centre backs as much as Keane-Holgate?

If our defence plays a high line then one ball over the top / behind Keane/Kenny gives an opposition wide player with above average pace a clear run on goal.

To be able to play a high line we would need a partner for Holgate with pace and a quick right back. Thats probably why were after Gabriel and a right back.

If our defence plays a high line then one ball over the top / behind Keane/Kenny gives an opposition wide player with above average pace a clear run on goal.

To be able to play a high line we would need a partner for Holgate with pace and a quick right back. Thats probably why were after Gabriel and a right back.
oh obviously yes, pace, but you don't think Kenny's recovery pace is pretty good? Let's see, will be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.