Jonjoe Kenny

Status
Not open for further replies.
He did alright whenever he was used as cover before the loan move, but I don't think he has anything close to the physicality required to be a regular starter in the Premier League.

A big, powerful runner would eat him alive.

I think if we dont sign a starting centre back then we'll have to play a deep defence again to protect Keane. That could benefit Kenny and Coleman

Its our complete lack of non footballing defenders that worries me, especially when we insist on trying to play out from our 6 yard box.
Holgate Mina and DIgne can actually play football, Keane is scared of the ball at his feet and coleman runs around in circles on the by-line if he has a bit of pressure on him. In all we need a right back at the least who can play decent football, can't see that being Kenny but I would love it to be

He did alright whenever he was used as cover before the loan move, but I don't think he has anything close to the physicality required to be a regular starter in the Premier League.

A big, powerful runner would eat him alive.

Depends how much of a footballer (footballing mind) he is. It's not as easy as saying he is not big enough or faster enough...

Plenty of players don't match up to opponents and are some of the best in the world.

He got 34 appearances season just past at a very high standard, surely at least, he has improved slightly?

I thought he did well for us when Seamus was injured and was unlucky to be dropped as soon as Seamus came back. If Carlo thinks he’s good enough give him a chance ..

I thought we had lost him. Surely his time at Schalke should have benefited his development. He could be a useful squad player or better.

I think if you put together a few factors : his experience of one season, his motivation at being back at home, he can work with ancelotti and it's the first time he can realistically displace Seamus - all together mean it's definitely worth keeping him.

Said it in many different posts:
Priorities for signings are
1) CM (Defensive or All-rounder)
2) CM (Creative or Pacy)
3) WIde attacker (Walcott / Bernard replacement)
4) Serious competition at GK
5) Replacements for Delph and Siggy if we can get rid of them

Depends how much of a footballer (footballing mind) he is. It's not as easy as saying he is not big enough or faster enough...

Plenty of players don't match up to opponents and are some of the best in the world.

He got 34 appearances season just past at a very high standard, surely at least, he has improved slightly?
He struggled badly in the game that I went to last season, albeit they were away from home.

I've never thought that he was as bad as some make out, but he'll need to have come on leaps and bounds if he's to have any hope of starting here long-term.

Status
Not open for further replies.