2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s in that situation because he’s spent over £200m in two years and we’ve regressed.

He should’ve been relieved of his duties just like Walsh was when it was apparent we were regressing under him.
The main reason for regression was a squad of players "managed" by an idiot for half a season , and that combined with bad luck over injuries.

The main reason for regression was a squad of players "managed" by an idiot for half a season , and that combined with bad luck over injuries.
Yes and that idiot wanted to be kept on by Brands, who would probably have got us relegated. He’s had 4 windows and we have gone backwards. We can go through hits and misses as much as we want but as a team, which he is supposed to be building, they are utter garbage. We are in a situation where we are desperate for players because the team is so poor. Injuries to what, one player? A player we have no idea if he is any good? Gomes has proven that we are still garbage even with him in the side.
Overpaying for players is fine if they succeed. Does anyone mention Bruno fernandes price tag? Does anyone mention dignes? Richarlisons? Not really because they are deemed successes. The price tags are mentioned In the failures which I won’t list, we know who they are. We need players desperately and if players are being identified and then we are failing in negotiations then people will criticise because we are in a weak position right now. If we were progressing, there wouldn’t be as much desperation from the fans.

Been spending all year scouting centre mids and has come up with doucoure, managed by Marco silva previously. And Allan, after Carlo said he fancied him. Good job Marcel, keep earning those millions to find those gems.
The fella is stealing a living as DoF.

Been spending all year scouting centre mids and has come up with doucoure, managed by Marco silva previously. And Allan, after Carlo said he fancied him. Good job Marcel, keep earning those millions to find those gems.

Would you rather us sign that Romanian lad we were linked to instead of Allan just so we can all sit here and say Brands has found a "gem"? Think wisely mate.

I
Zzzzzzzzzz
Ive honestly nothing against the fella. He seems like a decent bloke. I just don’t get the role. Everything it’s supposed to do, it just looks like a glorified, overpaid, chief scout. And when that’s the case, I expect the recruitment to be better than it probably is. I mean Davie Moyes would be a good DOF right? Plucking Lescott, Cahill, Baines et al. He managed to do that whilst still managing us? I understand it’s a model that most top clubs use but to me, if we give a title and huge amount of money and even talk/thread time to someone who’s main job is to scout and network, the expectations are huge. Doucouré and Allan are surely buys that could have been made without
This guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.