Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone fancy doing a detailed multi quote breakdown with who we have, who we will get and who we should get? Finances included.

I disagree , most players have a preferred system in which they can perform closer to their maximum potential.
Most good teams are made up of fairly average or decent players who complement and facilitate the abilities of a smaller group of outstanding players. It is often the case that a player who appears to be exceptionally good is shown to be less successful when removed from the team or system he is suited to.
A great manager is one who understands the abilities of his team and sets up his tactics and systems to get the best out of hitherto mostly seemingly ordinary players.
Poor managers resort to the chequebook and hope to buy a successful team before the money runs out.
I hope and believe we have appointed the former and not the latter.
Obviously players have set ups and styles that they prefer and will excel in, but good players tend to look good regardless. Digne and Richarlison looked like 2 of our best players under silva and under Ancelotti. Why? Because they have real quality and don’t need the stars to perfectly align to show it. Players like Baines, Coleman, lukaku looked good under different managers because they are good. We’ve got far too many players who are at best average. Putting Kevin de bruyne in our midfield wouldn’t make Bernard suddenly be able to get 10 goals and assists, or mean Michael Keane won’t be waltzed past by anybody who gets 5 yards of space to work in. They have serious flaws in their own games, you can muddle through with a few players like that but it’s not easy.

Don’t think anyone should’ve expected more than 4 transfers in this window, it’s all about getting quality and shifting deadwood we’re not meant to be building a squad now we’re trimming it. Look at our first 11 and really you only need a couple players for a dramatic improvement.

We NEED a central midfielder, next to Gomes he’ll greatly improve when he’s not the only player in the middle that can actually play football and I hate saying it but Gbamin will be like a new signing when he’s fit, whether he’s good enough is another issue.

We NEED a right winger because we have no one else to player there. On top of those two positions we’re not desperate really some improvement would just be welcome.

I think Carlo might see how Kenny does in pre season because spending big on a right back doesn’t seem to be a priority right now and I doubt we replace Pickford unless a very good offer comes in for him which I doubt will happen. As for centre backs it’s clear we want one but I could see us doing without if there’s no clear way to sell Keane. Think we might end up with someone like Zouma who’d be cheaper than Gabriel with less competition.

Everywhere else will look a lot better with the 2 or 3 quality players around them, look how good we looked with Gana in the midfield the whole team literally looked far better just because of the job he was doing.

I’d be happy adding let’s say Allan, Zouma and a right winger. Maybe if we shift more players than expected then another midfielder like Sangare would be great and a right back but that’ll be far down the list of priorities. I’d also be interested if we actually are after another left back or is that young lad we signed the backup? If Robinson is a available on the cheap he’d be a very decent backup too and it wouldn’t really put our budget out I could see him coming too if we are actually after him.

Status
Not open for further replies.