Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whats untrue about that?

Bernard wont be getting 120k a week at any other club unless he moves to Qatar or China.

But that doesn't mean he cant be sold - and if Brands cant sell a former Brazilian international for even £5-6 million in a world where Joelinton is going for £40 million then he isn't cut out as a DOF for a PL side trying to challenge the top clubs its as simple as that.

I repeat mate - we got schooled at home by Southampton, Aston Villa & Bournemouth.

Its going to take more than 2-3 signings to turn us around unless they are Messi, Ronaldo & KDB.
Things change very quickly FB.
I use the example of a prime Roy Keane coming g into our side.
He would change everything about the team from within

Unfortunately, it isn't going to be Keane but it highlights that the quality and type of signing is more important than the number of signings....imo.

Whats untrue about that?

Bernard wont be getting 120k a week at any other club unless he moves to Qatar or China.

But that doesn't mean he cant be sold - and if Brands cant sell a former Brazilian international for even £5-6 million then he isn't cut out as a DOF for a PL side trying to challenge the top clubs its as simple as that.

The Barca players will have been given a pay rise to join us.

Excellent post which neatly summarises how we arrived at our current situation and accurately plots the only way we can get out of it, a period stability .
I would hope that the majority of our support and our owner can at least control their understandable impatience and allow the manager to build his team without reacting to every downturn with demands for more upheaval .
Transforming a mid table club into one capable of competing at the top was always going to take 2 or 3 seasons minimum after we had sufficient financial backing.
Sadly because of the missteps since the arrival of Moshiri we are still at the start of that 2or 3 seasons.
It is important we understand this and temper our expectations accordingly.

Personally, I think we have been trotting out this need for patience and talking about ‘long term’ plans for decades and it’s got us absolutely nowhere. So much changes over 2 or 3 years that I think it’s pointless trying to implement some kind of consistent plan over that period.

Richarlison, for example, is odds on to leave next summer. In fact, our whole obsession with resale value means that anyone that’s half decent should be sold within 3 or 4 years. Let me guess, we have to factor in constantly selling our best players into our never ending five year plans?

The big clubs treat each and every season as a season where winning is possible, they don’t do this mad thing where they wait five years for the stars to align in a perfect set of circumstances and then give it a go.

It’s the equivalent of waiting until you’re 35, working in senior management, and have finally bought a house until you ask a bird for a snog!

Honestly, you don’t wait until you are 35! You make do the with the Adidas popper pants that your mum has bought you and go for it anyway! And you actually get results, good results!

All this 5 year plan nonsense is essentially admitting defeat before you have even started. The RS never talk about five year plans. They’ve spent the last 30 years saying “This year is our year”, and although it has taken them 30 years and the onset of a worldwide pandemic to finally be correct, it’s such a better attitude than going into each season thinking that you are five years away from being able to compete as part of a never ending five year plan!

Add the fact that Ancellotti is only going to be here for a few years, and we really need to challenge now and stop waiting for the stars to align!

I still find the lack of any real links to left footed, right side attackers interesting. Carlo and Brands both seem to want one, but practically nothing even talked about. Maybe that will be one of those we hear about one day and the signing is done the next.

Would be looking at Roca or Santamaria for CM. Better value there than Allan, but also understand giving Carlo what he wants.

Then if Kenny is sold another RB comes in.

Could see it just being 2-3 ins plus maybe one loan.

Status
Not open for further replies.