New Everton Stadium Discussion

Little if any risk of that. Government agencies have a 5 point plan for the return of elite sport. We’ve already accelerated onto stage 4 (international competitions behind closed doors). Stage 5 is the return of spectators. The plan has been devised to be pushed through just as pub opening plans were.

At this stage, the tories are prioritising economics over lives come what may.

A lot of organisations were committed to Kirkby: Tesco / Barr and KMBC. That committment was given while Everton were struggling to get together their cash for the build.

What would it cost for Laing O'Rourke to sign up to a contract with Everton? How would they lose (would they lose)?

A lot of people in the game saw a huge red flag when Barr were appointed on a design and build. A good few had an idea that it wouldn't be quite as expected as soon as that came to light.

Lo'R will be entering into contractual arrangements with plenty of sub-contractors, or at least close to, and should this not go ahead, it will absolutley cost L'oR. Companies of their size do not exist by taking wholly avoidable risks, not in this game.

There is absolute 100% confidence within the construction industry, that this stadium will happen. Also, I might add, within Everton and the Liverpool City Region.

...or maybe Laing O'Rourke simply said to subcontractors : 'Look, you can see how delicate this is. If it goes ahead we'll need you, so bear that in mind. But no guarantees'.

?
I can assure that is not how this industry works (or any other for that matter)
If somebody approaches me for my company to to begin work on site they will inform me of the start date and length of the project or particular phase for which they require our services.
If we accept (,assuming the price is also agreeable of course) we will plan for that job and part of that planning is ensuring we are able to do the work which obviously means we cannot undertake to commit to any other projects we are offered in that time span.
We can’t just sit round the yard with men and plant standing idle awaiting a phone call on the off chance the project commences. Neither can we , having agreed to accept the job declare ourselves suddenly unavailable on the agreed start date as this would seriously damage our credibility for any future contracts.
Besides, firms are already well advanced in committing time and materials to this job.

A lot of people in the game saw a huge red flag when Barr were appointed on a design and build. A good few had an idea that it wouldn't be quite as expected as soon as that came to light.

Lo'R will be entering into contractual arrangements with plenty of sub-contractors, or at least close to, and should this not go ahead, it will absolutley cost L'oR. Companies of their size do not exist by taking wholly avoidable risks, not in this game.

There is absolute 100% confidence within the construction industry, that this stadium will happen. Also, I might add, within Everton and the Liverpool City Region.

Thank you @Jacko93, after being depressed reading the transfer thread, your positivity and knowledge in this matter cheers me up a treat...again, thank you.....

I'm genuinely glad to hear it.

Some believe I'd like this to collapse. I dont feel that way. I desperately want it to happen. But I cant get past the fact that this is Everton and this is a stadium plan. One is like kryptonite to the other.

With all the world's financial woes, I just can't see it happening.

Moshiri certainly would not be too heavily critisized for pulling the plug at this present time.

Just my instincts.

I'm genuinely glad to hear it.

Some believe I'd like this to collapse. I dont feel that way. I desperately want it to happen. But I cant get past the fact that this is Everton and this is a stadium plan. One is like kryptonite to the other.
I don't see the negativity ,in our history we have already moved ground so why is this something to worry about .Yes Tesco and Kirkby was a farse but we were unlucky on the last dock project ,the main source of malicious rumours on this is from the ones across the park ,you know the ones who eat drink and sleep Everton and feel compelled -despite their success-to run everything down related to the Blues .

Ask those same people if Everton have a good reputation on seeing anything through like this and they'll tell you they have all their fingers and toes crossed that nothing 'intervenes' at the last moment. There's ALWAYS some 'unforeseen' problem that scuppers these stadium plans.
Up to now, apart from the 'fine words' bit, EFC don't have the best record for actually getting the solidified churned milk on to the root vegetable.
But they do seem to be serious this time...so far
Up to Dec 2019 I was confident
I'm still reasonably so, but with the current situation, who can tell what will happen...maybe even large development stimulus grants...which could explain the hold up,

Moshiri certainly would not be too heavily critisized for pulling the plug at this present time.

Just my instincts.

...perhaps even more reason why this will happen. The Government is desperate for large scale building projects that support employment and help kick start the economy.

Just my instincts.
When normal everyday people are having a hard time is exactly when the rich become richer .Don't think that Mr Moshiri will not tighten the screws over contracts knowing that the contractors need the work .

I think there’s a lot of people would be grateful if posters stopped taking the bait of this Davek character and stopped quoting him. Even on ignore, he manages to dominate threads as everyone wants to reply to him to tell him he’s wrong.
Yeah, but he does it ever so well.
GOT click bait wummer in chief...he does hit the target more than a few times though.

Just my instincts.
All I can say is that when the last recession hit the effect was immediate for my industry , nearly all sites were mothballed virtually overnight, It was truly desperate.
This time the opposite is true and we remain exceptionally busy with new projects arriving continually.
As I have already mentioned if the money wasn’t already in place for our stadium the people who I know are committing their workforce to it would not be doing so.
This is especially true as there is no shortage of alternative projects to commit to and there is little need to gamble on a build that may be seen as dubious.