New Everton Stadium Discussion

Davek the biggest WUM going, question marks over if hes even a blue. Seeing him hold on to this denial is blissful. Any way to inject that bliss feeling into my veins?

Stadium is on. There is literally a post-covid plan which states the stadium is expected to get approval.

Everton will be at USM Bramley Moore soon enough, yes we'll end up playing Yeovil after we get relegated, but it'll be stellar Championship football at the USM Arena.

I think we can be sure.
Tbf, I do think it is happening. It would’ve been much easier for the club to announce that the stadium has been delayed at the height of this pandemic than to carry on with the works process.

I think the stadium is priority now because Moshiri appears to be operating a cost-cutting exercise on the squad.
I hope you;re right, but fear you;re wrong.

It'll be stretched out until 2021 before we get a decision.

He is committed to slagging everything about the new stadium off, of that I am sure.

Everything about the club mate, been doing it for years. Amazed he's still allowed to be on derailing threads as often as he does. It's a shame really, Everton do some wonderful things, and while unfortunately on the pitch isn't one of them at the moment, plenty off it to be proud of. He enjoys us doing poorly.

This stadium is happening and will be huge for Everton FC and be huge for the city of Liverpool.

Everything about the club mate, been doing it for years. Amazed he's still allowed to be on derailing threads as often as he does. It's a shame really, Everton do some wonderful things, and while unfortunately on the pitch isn't one of them at the moment, plenty off it to be proud of. He enjoys us doing poorly.

This stadium is happening and will be huge for Everton FC and be huge for the city of Liverpool.

To me, you're hijacking the thread.

Very rarely I post in the thread, but it's to offer an overview of where we are and what was promised. And that doesn't look good.

I alaso view the stadium scheme in the context of 3 previous failures.

To me, you're hijacking the thread.

Very rarely I post in the thread, but it's to offer an overview of where we are and what was promised. And that doesn't look good.

I alaso view the stadium scheme in the context of 3 previous failures.
I have to say that as someone who works in the construction industry I have had the opportunity to chat with people who will be directly involved in the stadium build and they are already deep into preparations for a fairly imminent start.
While nothing is ever 100% certain , if this stadium doesn’t begin in autumn there are going to be a lot of people urgently seeking new projects to provide employment by Christmas.

I have to say that as someone who works in the construction industry I have had the opportunity to chat with people who will be directly involved in the stadium build and they are already deep into preparations for a fairly imminent start.
While nothing is ever 100% certain , if this stadium doesn’t begin in autumn there are going to be a lot of people urgently seeking new projects to provide employment by Christmas.
Ask those same people if Everton have a good reputation on seeing anything through like this and they'll tell you they have all their fingers and toes crossed that nothing 'intervenes' at the last moment. There's ALWAYS some 'unforeseen' problem that scuppers these stadium plans.

Ask those same people if Everton have a good reputation on seeing anything through like this and they'll tell you they have all their fingers and toes crossed that nothing 'intervenes' at the last moment. There's ALWAYS some 'unforeseen' problem that scuppers these stadium plans.
Mr cup half full

Never change, Dave.

I mean it'd be much better round here if you did, but you won't, so may as well get some laughs.

The two previous schemes were driven by others, we are driving this one as we have an owner that has the money to make it happen. Tbh I thought coronavirus was going to be the 'Everton that' moment but they are still pressing on. Just shows that you can't judge this on previous attempts.

I believe this will be our 3rd stadium build....if you ask me we're pretty good at it.

To be fair to Dave, if Kenwright was still the owner I'd 100% agree with him, but he's not and I don't.

It’s their relationship with the main contractor that is more important . If the main contractor asks you to ensure you can provide your services at and during a given date and you plan and hire personnel and plant based on those dates and it fails to materialise it is very damaging to the trust needed when awarding and entering into future contracts.
The Main Contractor would not be entering the advanced preparatory stage they are clearly at without some form of solid reassurance of the project progressing , even if such assurances are informal at this stage.
There are indeed many slips twixt cup and lip but based on information from people I trust and who are now directly involved I have no doubt whatsoever that this build is commencing and relatively soon.

Dave, you're going to get hundreds of vaults when the work starts.