New Everton Stadium Discussion

It’s their relationship with the main contractor that is more important . If the main contractor asks you to ensure you can provide your services at and during a given date and you plan and hire personnel and plant based on those dates and it fails to materialise it is very damaging to the trust needed when awarding and entering into future contracts.
The Main Contractor would not be entering the advanced preparatory stage they are clearly at without some form of solid reassurance of the project progressing , even if such assurances are informal at this stage.
There are indeed many slips twixt cup and lip but based on information from people I trust and who are now directly involved I have no doubt whatsoever that this build is commencing and relatively soon.
It's always down to cash at the end of the day. There'll be a lot of borrowing needed, and unless Usmanov really is behind Mohiri that will be a major problem.

Funding scuppered KD and DK.

It's always down to cash at the end of the day. There'll be a lot of borrowing needed, and unless Usmanov really is behind Mohiri that will be a major problem.

Funding scuppered KD and DK.

The ground is fundamental for a lot of rich folk to get a lot richer. My guess, based on my previous life, whispers from afar, and my opinion, will be that there will already be informal plans and arrangements in place.

The curve ball, which no one on the planet could have foreseen, is Covid. Not in terms of the build, but in terms of getting folk into the thing. About the only thing everyone will agree on is that we all want Covid to do one.

The ground is fundamental for a lot of rich folk to get a lot richer. My guess, based on my previous life, whispers from afar, and my opinion, will be that there will already be informal plans and arrangements in place.

The curve ball, which no one on the planet could have foreseen, is Covid. Not in terms of the build, but in terms of getting folk into the thing. About the only thing everyone will agree on is that we all want Covid to do one.
People investing for a stadium opening 3 years from now wont be put off by Covid19. They'll be calculating that we'll adapt enough by then to fill a stadium (or at least make it profitable) with combinations of vaccines, anti-virals and reorganisation of attendance. The big risk is the club. How do you ask investors to back a club like this with stunted commercial growth and with possible complications from tv funding to risk their cash?

Started a large extension on Monday, found out today that the guy works for LO he's just finished project managing the new Clatterbridge by the Royal, he's not on BMD but hopes to be. I asked if stadium is going ahead, his answer was that here will be an awful lot of disappointed people if it doesn't because they've taken on an awful lot of people in readiness for the start.

Started a large extension on Monday, found out today that the guy works for LO he's just finished project managing the new Clatterbridge by the Royal, he's not on BMD but hopes to be. I asked if stadium is going ahead, his answer was that here will be an awful lot of disappointed people if it doesn't because they've taken on an awful lot of people in readiness for the start.

Leyton Orient?

People investing for a stadium opening 3 years from now wont be put off by Covid19. They'll be calculating that we'll adapt enough by then to fill a stadium (or at least make it profitable) with combinations of vaccines, anti-virals and reorganisation of attendance. The big risk is the club. How do you ask investors to back a club like this with stunted commercial growth and with possible complications from tv funding to risk their cash?

Yep. But thats not what I said, re Covid. The first bit anyrate.

Ground will get built, but Covid sticks around for 5 years? Thats the second bold bit. Like I said, curve ball, and I dont think many have even considered it. Hope not anyrate.

Consider no fans at any sport for 5 years.

Yep. But thats not what I said, re Covid. The first bit anyrate.

Ground will get built, but Covid sticks around for 5 years? Thats the second bold bit. Like I said, curve ball, and I dont think many have even considered it. Hope not anyrate.

Consider no fans at any sport for 5 years.

Little if any risk of that. Government agencies have a 5 point plan for the return of elite sport. We’ve already accelerated onto stage 4 (international competitions behind closed doors). Stage 5 is the return of spectators. The plan has been devised to be pushed through just as pub opening plans were.

At this stage, the tories are prioritising economics over lives come what may.

Little if any risk of that. Government agencies have a 5 point plan for the return of elite sport. We’ve already accelerated onto stage 4 (international competitions behind closed doors). Stage 5 is the return of spectators. The plan has been devised to be pushed through just as pub opening plans were.

At this stage, the tories are prioritising economics over lives come what may.

So stage 4 is no fans, and stage 5 is 90000 in Wembley?

I am being daft, cos stage 5 will be, er, staged, obvs But the point I was making, or rather the observation, is that this hasnt gone away. Its still a killer, and its not beyond the realms of reality that mass gatherings for anything could become a thing we remember.