2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.

The lad has all the attributes to be a top, top striker aside the single most important trait needed to be successful in that position.

The ability to finish.

He’s a physical specimen, superb athlete & his hold up play is decent but I’m afraid the lad is not technically good enough & that’s what sets the truly great strikers apart.

Love the guy, seems a likeable lad & a bit of a maverick. Hope he proves me wrong & goes onto be a Goodison / Bramley Moore great but I feel Carlo will be looking further afield for a proven or up & coming goal machine.

Dominic Calvert-Lewin is just a black Brett Angell.

I remember watching Brett Angell play for us, and DCL on his worst day is three times the player that waistrel was.

In fact even in that FA Cup game vs Southend when he allegedly impressed us he stood out as being crap, and that game was like watching paint dry after it had been applied to ones eyes.

I remember watching Brett Angell play for us, and DCL on his worst day is three times the player that waistrel was.

In fact even in that FA Cup game vs Southend when he allegedly impressed us he stood out as being crap, and that game was like watching paint dry after it had been applied to ones eyes.

10 times Brett Angell.

The lad has all the attributes to be a top, top striker aside the single most important trait needed to be successful in that position.

The ability to finish.

He’s a physical specimen, superb athlete & his hold up play is decent but I’m afraid the lad is not technically good enough & that’s what sets the truly great strikers apart.

Love the guy, seems a likeable lad & a bit of a maverick. Hope he proves me wrong & goes onto be a Goodison / Bramley Moore great but I feel Carlo will be looking further afield for a proven or up & coming goal machine.
He isn't a natural goalscorer and he often looks uncomfortable setting himself up to strike a ball, but he's still a very effective player. Defenders won't enjoy playing against him and he still scored 13 league goals last year with the first 3 months being left isolated on his own up top.

He can still improve his hold up play and will get better with experience. If he continues to get around 15 goals a season then that is great, we need to get in players that get goals further around the team.

efc.png

He is not our problem, we need more goals from the team

The ability to finish.

I can see what you're saying, but - 1) Where can we find a proven goal machine for under 50m, who will also agree to come to us rather than a CL / EL side. 2)We need to spend 50m on our midfield first 3) Aren't Richarlison, Kean and DCL all 'up&Coming'?

He isn't a natural goalscorer and he often looks uncomfortable setting himself up to strike a ball, but he's still a very effective player. Defenders won't enjoy playing against him and he still scored 13 league goals last year with the first 3 months being left isolated on his own up top.

He can still improve his hold up play and will get better with experience. If he continues to get around 15 goals a season then that is great, we need to get in players that get goals further around the team.

View attachment 97471

He is not our problem, we need more goals from the team

If we can get tactics and coaching right, we need - in an ideal world (don't pounce on me)-
10 goals from Mina & Holgate between them - think corners & free kicks -That would = a couple of draws and wins extra too.
35 from Richarlison, Kean & DCL - would be amazing as it means at least 2 out of those 3 are progressing.
15 from midfield - honestly this would make my season next year, cos it means we would have revamped our midfield

That's 70 goals instead of 44 listed above. THat would be an amazing amazing improvement.

Absolutely

I dont want to open up a DCL-bashing session...just wondering, does anyone know if he was there today or yesterday for training? Normally DCL, Davies and Richarlison would always be on the official website photos, but didn't notice.

Also thought Bernard is missing

Status
Not open for further replies.