Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we do get bodies in ,there is still something toxic behind the scenes has been for a few years . Have we seen the whole team really put a shift in any game recently or past few seasons, no. Finch farm is polluted with lazy arses from bottom to top. Carlo wish you luck mate!

I mean, we're crap, I know that. We need 3-4 first-team players who are a step above what we've got.

But that's hard to get. And it's hard to get for a few reasons, one of them being we're crap and finished 12th, and another one being there's a global pandemic, and then another one being we're even more financially constrained cause of our previously overspend on tosh.

We're also not playing a competitive fixture for another month and I cba worrying about us yet.
There is accepting all of that and I am not even panicking. But there is also a simple fact that we need a midfielder who can put their foot in, protect the back four and get around the pitch it's been glaringly obvious for months. Our current midfielders are too similiar and it's been obvious we need that at the very least, I don't expect us to get everyone in for the start of the season other other positions can wait, but we need that key midfielder minimum its essential, otherwise expect another sluggish start. I would rather get a player in who can do this job than wait and wait on so called glamour signings from big clubs that in the last few years has not worked out for us. You need some time to bed players in.

If we don't provide Ancelotti with a platform to the project he was promised I can see him walking. He'll go and complete his rebuild elsewhere, where the promises made by the club are kept. Knowing our luck Newcastle will get a takeover and he'll end up there.

If we do get bodies in ,there is still something toxic behind the scenes has been for a few years . Have we seen the whole team really put a shift in any game recently or past few seasons, no. Finch farm is polluted with lazy arses from bottom to top. Carlo wish you luck mate!
There no pressure to win coming from the very top of the club.

If we don't provide Ancelotti with a platform to the project he was promised I can see him walking. He'll go and complete his rebuild elsewhere, where the promises made by the club are kept. Knowing our luck Newcastle will get a takeover and he'll end up there.

PSG may ask him back to finish what he actually started

By all means cut it but by that much you aren’t competing in this league sorry.

Not sure I agree with you mate, take my example above, loose Bolaise, Sandro, Bernard, Save 20 mill + in wages and what ever we get in fees, reinvest, sign say Sarr (or anyone you think is boss), I’m not sure I’m against that kind of premise or that it wouldn’t empower us to be more competitive and balanced. Sell Sarr in three years time for 80 million. Rinse and repeat, climb the greasy pole. that’s the game we’re playing.

Our most successful PL season came probably after one of our most thrifty and skint summers.

Our progression and ability to invest in the squad is hampered by irrelevant players on massive wages, costing the club 10s of millions, the leaner we get, the more we reinvest in better quality, the more competitive we get.

Last edited:
Aye but he knows what he is doing - no one is expecting us to sign 5 players and sell no one - but to be posting none stop articles of how precarious our finances are when he has no clear as to what our business ultimately will be is really annoying and very click baity.
I wouldn’t put past Everton‘S echo journalists( if it’s them that write the headline) to put a negative headline to get clicks off the reds, who will be all over stories like that

Status
Not open for further replies.