Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because it only evokes bad memories....

The Kopites pishing on our parade about 2 weeks after we finished 4th.

Then that corrupt dosser Collina ensuring we were knocked out before the competition even started.

Sad that it has to be that way but those are the prevailing memories i have of us finishing 4th that year

Dont forget not scoring at Goodison in the league until October

the chants of "Champions League, you're having a laugh" following by "UEFA Cup/League Cup/Premier League, you're having a laugh" with Simon Davies being worse than any of our midfield this season... horrendous summer. Aaron Lennon joins Spurs for £500k, and we buy Davies for £4m.

I think he’d be a waste of money myself. He’s slow, doesn’t win headers, not a good passer, not a good dribbler, he’ll put in one sprint when he comes off the bench to make people thinks he works hard off the ball but then he’s done, there’s so little to him as a player - if you’re a centre back he’s the type of striker you’d wanna be playing against.
Makes you kinda wonder why we spent so much on him. Or bought him at all for that matter

I like Tosun, below the standard we need but grafts and typically slots when he's given a chance. Will be a good signing for a promoted team / team looking to stay up. He seems like someone who doesn't just wanna collect wages on our bench and make his mark in the league so good on him.

If we can make back about 10 mil on him it's a good deal for us.

The Brands is enjoying his holiday story arc rivals the Walsh is a clown arc in terms of entertainment value.

So at least the window isn't a complete flop.

Probably because he's been the one constant throughout the worst period in the club's history, and he's also still the chairman.
I have been supporting Everton since the late 60's. I can remember far worse times than when Kenwright was in charge including immediately before he took charge.

The problem Bill Kenwright had was that he was a millionaire when what you needed was a billionaire.
We now have a billionaire (Moshiri) but what we really need is a multi billionaire(Usmanov).

I have been supporting Everton since the late 60's. I can remember far worse times than when Kenwright was in charge including immediately before he took charge.

The problem Bill Kenwright had was that he was a millionaire when what you needed was a billionaire.
We now have a billionaire (Moshiri) but what we really need is a multi billionaire(Usmanov).

The problem was he changed the mentality of this club for the worse, some will argue it was Moyes but our chairman never questioned it or rocked the boat as it kept fans off his back.

The problem was he changed the mentality of this club for the worse, some will argue it was Moyes but our chairman never questioned it or rocked the boat as it kept fans off his back.
That is probably fair comment.
From the very start he knew what he could do with the club and what he couldn't.
The glass ceiling that everybody talked about was certainly in place when he was in charge and he knew it better than anybody.

I don't think we would have wasted the amount of money we did if he was still in charge but neither do I think he would have the ambition to go for a manager like CA.

Status
Not open for further replies.