Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Swap Zaha for someone with better vision for a final ball and we would look 100% better.

I just dont want us bringing in 4-5 players all from outside the league as for me its risky.

I still maintain people who dont rate Zaha dont watch him regulary and go solely off stats. He literally carries that Palace side and if people defend our forwards based on "we have no midfield" then they cant slate Zaha for not racking up 15 assists a season when he has Wickham & Benteke infront of him.

If we could get a swap deal involving one of Tosun/Iwobi/Bernard + £25-30 million I would be all over it.

I just dont want us bringing in 4-5 players all from outside the league as for me its risky.

I still maintain people who dont rate Zaha dont watch him regulary and go solely off stats. He literally carries that Palace side and if people defend our forwards based on "we have no midfield" then they cant slate Zaha for not racking up 15 assists a season when he has Wickham & Benteke infront of him.

If we could get a swap deal involving one of Tosun/Iwobi/Bernard + £25-30 million I would be all over it.

But 3 of 5 from outside the league isn’t risky.

I still maintain people who dont rate Zaha dont wait him regulary and go solely off stats. He literally carries that Palace side and if people defend our forwards based on "we have no midfield" then they cant slate Zaha for not racking up 15 assists a season when he has Wickham & Benteke infront of him.

The problem with Zaha coming here is, what is his motivation? He’s claiming he wants to play at a higher level, we have a crap squad and literally finished 2 places above them in the league, no trophy challenges and no European football, plus he will be offered more money than he’s already on at Palace (£130k PW). I don’t doubt he’s a talented player but if he comes here it will only be because we’ve paid him more. He doesn’t see us as a massive step up and I’d seriously doubt his effort or commitment.

The problem with Zaha coming here is, what is his motivation? He’s claiming he wants to play at a higher level, we have a crap squad and literally finished 2 places above them in the league, no trophy challenges and no European football, plus he will be offered more money than he’s already on at Palace (£130k PW). I don’t doubt he’s a talented player but if he comes here it will only be because we’ve paid him more. He doesn’t see us as a massive step up.

I think he would still see Everton as a step up considering he wanted to come last summer and you have the Ancelotti factor aswell.

The only other left sided wide player I would like from the league is Mcneil from Burnley as think he has the potential to become a good player.

I don’t think there is. If the rumours are true about Brands getting his knickers in a twist over fees and what not it suggests we’re running a tight thread again.

I don’t expect anything to happen until we start seeing more outgoings.
Could be this, alternately being hard over on valuations is absolutely critical if we want to avoid rinse and repeat of last 3 or 4 years. Everyone seems to concur we have overpaid in order to get players to come here rather than elsewhere and then we have an expensive flop that we can't sell.

I'd much rather miss targets and move on (every single transfer is a risk anyway) than agree to pay above what the club believes is a fair value. We can't have it both ways in terms of moaning about previous excess and waste, and the moan that the DoF refuses to budge on his valuation.

Completely agree with the last line here, only way it works for me is if we can remove a large wage as part of the deal and pay below 30m. Anything else will just exacerbate our broken wages to turnover ratio, ffp tightrope and number of high earners.

Could be this, alternately being hard over on valuations is absolutely critical if we want to avoid rinse and repeat of last 3 or 4 years. Everyone seems to concur we have overpaid in order to get players to come here rather than elsewhere and then we have an expensive flop that we can't sell.

I'd much rather miss targets and move on (every single transfer is a risk anyway) than agree to pay above what the club believes is a fair value. We can't have it both ways in terms of moaning about previous excess and waste, and the moan that the DoF refuses to budge on his valuation.

Spot on mate, you can't have it both ways.

I'm sure there were people in here moaning when the Siggurdson deal was dragging out saying 'Just pay the money!'

Same people will now be moaning that we can't shift Siggurdson and should never have paid that much

Think it's impossible to keep most transfer dealings secret. I reckon th players agents leak details to try and get other teams interested. The higher the fee the more money for the agents
Clubs are pretty powerless nowadays.
Either you risk having a player's agent mess around putting out fake stories or you go the Wolves route and have a '$pecial £elation$hip' with an agent to keep them on your side.

But 3 of 5 from outside the league isn’t risky.
He is right though.

We have seen before that it just isn't that easy to make an immediate impact when you come from a foreign league.
It becomes more difficult the more players you are trying to integrate into a team.

We were disappointed Kean didn't make a bigger impact but at least we had DCL and Richarlison to play in the forward positions and that has given Kean time to settle.

We cannot afford that luxury with our midfield additions.

Status
Not open for further replies.