Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Robinson apparently available for a cut price £1.5m from Wigan. Bring a blue home. Only a few months ago that he was off to AC for £8m.
I still need him to defend at a top flight level somewhere before I'm ready to believe he can make the step up.

Genuinely curious but when was the last time we had a major signing that didn’t feel like it dragged out for ages (aside from deadline panic buys)? Was it Gana? Maybe it’s just bias to what I see but I don’t see any other club absolutely dragging the arse out of all their deals like we do. Makes it worse when things are leaking way early too. For example with Allan and Gabriel if they did end up signing it’s literally been telegraphed since January and everyone knows about it. What happened to when a story might break on the Monday and by the next Monday he’d be signed and on the training pitch?
I’d say pre-2009 when you checked most transfers on Ceefax. I don’t remember the likes of Yakubu or Fellaini dragging, almost felt like they were rumoured and signed in a day. AlthoughFellaini was meant to be the other Belgian fella

I’d say pre-2009 when you checked most transfers on Ceefax. I don’t remember the likes of Yakubu or Fellaini dragging, almost felt like they were rumoured and signed in a day. AlthoughFellaini was meant to be the other Belgian fella
fellaini was a deadline day deal though so that’s slightly different.

Starting to think there's no dough

I don’t think there is. If the rumours are true about Brands getting his knickers in a twist over fees and what not it suggests we’re running a tight thread again.

I don’t expect anything to happen until we start seeing more outgoings.

Status
Not open for further replies.