Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know some don't fancy the idea of a relegated player, but of Sarr, Buendia or Brooks which do you prefer? Honestly, i could be happy with any of the three.

Buendia - likely the cheapest, lacks goals, but creates chances
Brooks - left footed, only going to improve, creativity and goals in his game, potential injury concerns
Sarr - most expensive, pace to burn, has goals in him, weaker left foot

Story on twitter earlier from Portugal that Benfica and Gremio are struggling to come to a finalised agreement and Gremio are negotiating with Everton FC as well
"While being only one little step away from bringing Everton Soares in from Gremio, Benfica management are reportedly picking a further player from Brazilian league, namely 23-year old midfielder/winger Gerson, who'd reunite with Jorge Jesus in case. Former AS Roma and Fiorentina player is currenrtly on a deal with Flamengo until December 2023. "

The English is bad but this might be suggesting it was close to done but Benfica are now also looking at other similar players.

"While being only one little step away from bringing Everton Soares in from Gremio, Benfica management are reportedly picking a further player from Brazilian league, namely 23-year old midfielder/winger Gerson, who'd reunite with Jorge Jesus in case. Former AS Roma and Fiorentina player is currenrtly on a deal with Flamengo until December 2023. "

The English is bad but this might be suggesting it was close to done but Benfica are now also looking at other similar players.
Think we are being used to increase the transfer fee. Pity cos I would love him here

I know some don't fancy the idea of a relegated player, but of Sarr, Buendia or Brooks which do you prefer? Honestly, i could be happy with any of the three.

Brooks - left footed, only going to improve, creativity and goals in his game, potential injury concerns
Buendia I’d be all over

We need a right winger, and we need more chances to be created for DCL and Rich

We'll have players lined up, and a couple of them will be players that haven't been mentioned and will get mentioned once they are nearly done.

We very rarely have any leaks these days and keep our cards close to our chest.

It would be nice if we got them on early doors and I'd love it if we were fortunate where Covid 19 didn't have an impact on finances but I think it will have had a big impact and in turn that will affect the transfer budget we were hoping to spend. I'm sure Ancelotti is old enough and wise enough to understand that this is just a complete unforseen situation and will do his utmost to work accordingly with what he's given.

If anyone offers us anything for anyone other than Richy, digne or holgate we should be taking it. It genuinely wouldn't be hard to find players around the world who could play better than the level of most in our squad. We're 12th in the league for christ sake, we aren't a squad of elites and world beaters.

We buy far too many recycled and plateaued players on inflated money that don't improve our squad, they just sort of keep our heads above the water like that's acceptable.

Either sign big or sign young but either way, please have a genuine crack!

Taken into account what I guess the prices would be it is Buendia then Sarr then Brooks for me.

Sarr's potential ceiling is very high compared to the other two imo but he would cost big, If we're talking realistically in our budget then Buendia 100%,

Status
Not open for further replies.