Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
There'll still be moaning, unproven, overpriced, too old etc.

‘Why is Brands picking up Lille and Napoli cast offs?!!!!!!’ Then whichever turns out good will be Ancelloti’s signings but if they’re rubbish they’ll be Brands’ signings.

It’s very convenient that some people are certain that Roberto didn’t buy Niasse but absolutely bought Lukaku. Silva bought Richarlison whereas all the other signings were Brands. Walsh only bought Gueye and Lookman whereas Koeman bought all the rest. Apparently.

Would love for us to go in for Ollie Watkins. His release clause is buttons comparatively to the market and he will allow Richarlison to get back onto the left with DLC, Kean and him rotating up front (Watkins even started in the wing for last resort cover)

I mean, is that not what that is? Genuinely don't know how Branthwaite couldn't have been in taht category.

no, the ban was on academy players, age was irrelevant. I believe you can sign a professional contract at 17 so we could sign anyone over that age if we deemed them good enough for a pro deal.

Cracking player but a 31 year old on £100k odd a week probably not a good FFP move for us.
Willian would easily be our best player?
Think he'd be fantastic, he's a real big game player, but not really what we need. If we couldn't land our first choice right wingers then getting him in for 2 years would have been decent, but he'd have never accepted a deal like that here.
Nailed on he'll be class at Arsenal and injured all the time for us...

Not being funny, how is a u23 not an academy player? They aren't first team at that point, no?

By the time you're that age you're on a pro contract, so I imagine the terms of the ban were that we were banned from signing players on academy contracts. Because Branthwaite had signed a pro deal the ban didn't mean anything, regardless of age.

As seemingly dreadful as our squad is, I promise yas Gabriel and Allan will improve us significantly.

Gabriel is left-footed which gives us better balance at CB, opens up more passing lanes and he's pacy enough to allow us to play higher up the pitch.

Allan is a good all around CM who'll sure us up better, knows Carlo, moves the ball better and will allow more space and freedom for Gomes to flourish.

Hopefully we can also add a better option than Walcott on the right and we'll be pushing for Europe minimum.

I mean, is that not what that is? Genuinely don't know how Branthwaite couldn't have been in taht category.
Basically we can't sign anyone to play under 18s or lower. The ban is for the academy, so we can't have players representing our academy who have played for another UK academy in the previous 18 months. I know that article says 'players aged 10-18' but that isn't what the ruling was, it's just simplifying it.

Not being funny, how is a u23 not an academy player? They aren't first team at that point, no?

Im guesing it stems to do with professional contracts, but u23 isnt classed as an academy set up, its senior football just not open age and I'd guess it comes down to being on a pro deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.