2019/20 Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Schneids got one thing right after he left us. He described us as somewhere between Southampton and Man Utd in the pyramid of top clubs. That Southampton seem to be a far better team than us indicates how far we have drifted.

He had all of the technical attributes to be a top player but unfortunately was a coward and couldn’t be arsed to step up and fight when things got tough.
I’m sure he’ll love passing sideways in the South of France knowing that he only needs to play one elite team twice each year.

He was the prototype for the midfielders we currently have now. He set the standard, swan around, do nothing and pretend you’re Busquets and you’ll make a career on £120k a week at Everton. One of the worst players in our history.
He is/was a defensive midfielder whose originally remit was to sit in front of the back four and provide cover and do the simple stuff - horses for courses.

The issue we when he was played next to another defensive minded midfielder or those with no oomph (our tepid midfield) it was never going to be good.

Don't get me wrong, there was attitude issues and they shouldn't be ignored, however I suspect he thought he was doing what he was bought to do.

What do Davies and Gylfi do? Gomes still looks a shadow of when he first came and he's not particularly mobile either.

Did anyone else notice that in several of the post-lockdown games, the commentators didn't even realise he'd left? I heard him described as 'injured' or 'currently unavailable' in at least three games.

Status
Not open for further replies.