Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whatever The Esk says, it's clear in any case that we have limited resources. That shouldn't come as a shock to anyone. It certainly won't to Ancelotti.

There has to be consequences for the shambolic way the club has been run for years. We must restore financial prudence and discipline.

It makes life far more difficult, but not impossible. It may even focus minds.

I think we'll get a couple of players in and then try to be creative with loans and frees, and perhaps look to bring in one or two from cheaper markets.

I wouldn't want us being linked with Ivanovic, but in the context of doing sensible business elsewhere, if Ancelotti thought he was ok to plug a hole for a year, then ok. It would be a small outlay.

This is how it's going to have to be for a few years.
Can’t disagree with any of this except the justification for potentially signing Ivanovic.
This is a player who at 33 was visibly struggling in the PL.
It is highly unlikely he will be of any real value in the same league at 36.

Big in-depth article from The Esk here which shows why we're unlikely to spend more than 20mil this summer.

He concludes with this statement:

View attachment 96692

Sell to buy lads. Except god knows who would want to spent money on our garbage.

Why do our fans still pursist with this? Just ignore him, if i wrote an article like that nobody would read it. The difference being i wouldn't write it, because just like the esk, i know nothing about our club's transfer policies.

He's fed this same rubbish about 5 years in a row and been wrong every time.

Whatever The Esk says, it's clear in any case that we have limited resources. That shouldn't come as a shock to anyone. It certainly won't to Ancelotti.

There has to be consequences for the shambolic way the club has been run for years. We must restore financial prudence and discipline.

It makes life far more difficult, but not impossible. It may even focus minds.

I think we'll get a couple of players in and then try to be creative with loans and frees, and perhaps look to bring in one or two from cheaper markets.

I wouldn't want us being linked with Ivanovic, but in the context of doing sensible business elsewhere, if Ancelotti thought he was ok to plug a hole for a year, then ok. It would be a small outlay.

This is how it's going to have to be for a few years.
Well if that’s the way it’s going to be for a few years. Then Moshiri may as well give the job to Duncan and brought in the youth coaches as his team. And Moshiri’s probably saves 70mil in salaries over the next 4.5 years. And gives us the time to regroup and shift all the old rubbish.

but 2 days before Christmas we got one of the greatest managers in the game, and the best we’ve ever appointed, when all Italian journalists were saying he’s not coming. He’s off to Canada to spend Christmas with his wife and will get plenty of offers in the summer. And FFP was well known.

So I’m not in the camp that we have limited money
This is a massive few years for the club and Moshiri and we need to back this manager or he will be gone in 12months.
If it goes badly wrong then will we attract another top class manager. Or will it be back to the Marco silvas. And the thought of going into the new ground being a relegation outfit.

Ancelotti hasn’t stopped mentioning ambition in his last 4/5 interviews. He’s not here for sell to buy.
The club must find a way to back Him properly.

Sign Allan, another young athletic CM and a left footed winger for 50-60M

Sell Siggy, Delph, Bernard and all the other loaned out deadwood you can.

Probably not looking at better than 7th or 8th next season but its financially responsible and has us moving in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.