Transfer Rumour Gabriel (Lille)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends how good a player Gabriel is.

If we lose out to him over a few million and he turns into a £50 million+ CB for the Brazilian National Team yes we will look very silly.
I’d certainly be of the view that we need to get the players in, pay a bit more if that’s what it takes. Have to back Ancelotti. If the board fails to deliver and he walks, I really don’t know what’s next. Howe or Dyche maybe?!

just get the deals done Marcel!

Depends how good a player Gabriel is.

If we lose out to him over a few million and he turns into a £50 million+ CB for the Brazilian National Team yes we will look very silly.

And if he turns out to be badly gash then it will look like a masterstroke.

People moan all the time about us spending money more wisely and then want to criticise us when we do exactly that....

And if he turns out to be badly gash then it will look like a masterstroke.

People moan all the time about us spending money more wisely and then want to criticise us when we do exactly that....

Agree - however if Brands/Ancelotti think he is good enough then we have to go all out and get him.

We made that very mistake messing around over the Zaha fee - and whether you agree with that deal or not it ended up in us looking for Plan B which was £34 million on a bang average Iwobi.

Carlo owes us nothing - if we arse about and dont back him he'll just walk and its back to square one of appointing duds like Silva.

For some reason I’m not even bothered. I’d rather have an English brute at the back with a big mouth, crooked nose and legs like tree trunks.

leave the flashy foreigners for the flashy parts of the pitch.

Agree - however if Brands/Ancelotti think he is good enough then we have to go all out and get him.

We made that very mistake messing around over the Zaha fee - and whether you agree with that deal or not it ended up in us looking for Plan B which was £34 million on a bang average Iwobi.

Carlo owes us nothing - if we arse about and dont back him he'll just walk and its back to square one of appointing duds like Silva.

As bad as Iwobi is, Zaha at 80 million could have been even worse value for money.

Pretty sure Carlo isnt wetting the bed yet so there's no need for the whole forum to do so either

As bad as Iwobi is, Zaha at 80 million could have been even worse value for money.

Pretty sure Carlo isnt wetting the bed yet so there's no need for the whole forum to do so either

But we said this last summer and look what happened.

There isnt a Premier League club in greater need of getting quality through the door.

If Ancelotti does one (which he may well do if this summer doesnt go to plan) the same fans moaning at other fans moaning will no doubt be crying when we appoint Eddie Howe or Sean Dyche as our next manager.

Im not particularly bothered that we havent signed 10 players yet - im just giving my opinion that if you walk away from a deal for one of your no1 targets over a few quid and said target ends up jibbing you off when you want to renegotiate you cant have any complaints and if anything it shows how we still haven't learned our lessons in the transfer market.

The lad would rather go from Lille to United than Lille to Everton, That's the bottom line.

But Man Utd were not in for him before we jibbed him off.

Thats the bottom line mate.

Gabriel cant sign for Utd if we had tied the deal up months ago instead of trying to save a few quid.

No idea how reliable the source is but let the fume commence.

This all stinks of agents trying to get the original price agreed pre-COVID from us or up the existing offer from Napoli by touting others. If he really wanted to sign for us I imagine he could have helped push it through by now, so doesn't bode that well whatever.

Absolute triangle of death right here:

3A00345E-D674-4964-AC8F-C9C0CFD17F42.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.