Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not just football. Hired a kid a couple of years ago and asked where he saw his career going. He said he'd like to get a years experience and have my job. Bear in mind that would have been about 4 promotions it took me 20 years to earn.

The thing was the kid wasn't being aggressively cocky or anything, he was dead earnest and equally clueless.

So today, the rumours are Allan, Gabriel and Everton. Suppose it can't be too long before we see Emerson mentioned at RB. Who are the left footed Brazilian right wingers?

True that. Students I work with think my skills just happened, and that I didn't have to push myself to breaking point, in order to be as good as I am in my chosen profession. A lot just think it falls into their lap. I guess we were probably all guilty of that at some point in our younger days.

I think that bolded bit is a massive concern for the majority of overpayed and pampered footballers in the modern era.
They have so much money that the graft of the game rarely matters. That is one of the big reasons why I feel the best teams from 10 even 20 years ago would wipe the floor with the current leading sides. They had the right balance of fitness and professionalism, combined with the work ethic of a pre financial boom period.

Without a doubt, its how Liverpool found it so easy, nothing to do with talent, just a total lack of desire from 3/4rs of the league.

I think we should balance premier league experience and foreign players, signing a bunch of players from different leagues could be a big risk. I can't imagine we are in for Everton again though, though it seems like Gabriel and Allan moves have potential which is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.